Breakfast Ideas For a Busy Schedule

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day but, because of our busy routine, we end up not doing it correctly. So here weI’ll share some secrets of how to make it efficient and fast!

First of all, you have to combine what you are going to eat with the time that you going to wake up. If you wake up too early in the morning, it´s interesting to divide your meal in two portions, in this way you will feel satisfied during a longer time.

A good way to divide your breakfast is to drink a super juice at first and take packed food with you for later. If you wake up at 5-6 am for example, you can simply drink a juice and eat your packed meal at 9-10 o’clock.

Here are some combinations of SUPER JUICE + PACKED MEAL:

1. Green juice + whole grain toast and homus

This breakfast is really easy to prepare and it can be done in the night before. You just have to pack your toasts and then put some of the homus in a small pot and leave it in the fridge.

For the juice, you’re going to use kale, lemon, ginger and pineapple.

The night before, wash and slice the kale and slice the pineapple. Leave the kale in the freezer and the pineapple in the fridge. In the morning, you just have to add a cup of kale, some pieces of ginger, juice of half a lemon, one cup of pineapple and half a glass of water to the blender. Enjoy!

2. Colorful juice + rice biscuit and peanut butter

The second option is really good as well; it’s composed by some rice biscuits and sugar-free peanut butter. As in the first option, you should pack the rice biscuits in the night before and put some of your sugar-free peanut butter inside a small pot. When you’re leaving in the morning, just take them with you.

As for the juice, separate some strawberries, kale (left in the freezer), natural orange juice and coconut water. Blend them all as soon as you wake up and you’re definitely ready to leave!

3. Red juice + chia pudding

This option is great for those days that you want to have lighter meals. You just have to prepare your chia pudding and leave all the ingredients for your juice already cut and washed in the fridge the night before. For the pudding, add a cup of milk (it can be vegetable milk) to two tablespoons of chia seed, mix it all and leave it in the fridge. In the next day make sure to take not only the pudding but some berries, coconut ships and almonds! They are the perfect combination to the pudding.

This juice is made off beet, carrots, apple and coconut water. You just have to blend half a cup of each one with half a glass of coconut water and it’s ready to drink!

If you’re the kind of person that have a little more time in the morning to prepare your breakfast, and if you wake up around 8-9 o’clock, then you might prefer to take a super breakfast!

Here are some SUPER BREAKFASTS recipes:

1.  Scrambled eggs + whole grain toast + papaya

This one is simple and easy to prepare. A great combination of toasts and eggs, the papaya will just add some vitamins to your breakfast. If you put a little bit of lemon juice in the papaya, it’s going to be sensational!

2. Avocado toasts and berries

A good option is to cut some slices of avocado and put it in a whole grain toast with honey and chia seeds! To add some vitamins, eat a handful of berries too!

3. Banana and peanut butter tapioca

This is the author’s favorite. You just have to cut some slices of banana and fill your tapioca with it and with sugar-free peanut butter! It’s an amazing combination, and you will feel satisfied for a long time.

P.S.: If you don´t know what tapioca is, you should look for it in the supermarket. It´s really easy to be prepared, and it´s delicious with many different kinds of fillings. But if don´t like it or can´t find it, just replace the tapioca for a toast.

Amanda Tucci

Casper Libero '20

Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.