8 Times We Loved Serena van der Woodsen Looks on “Gossip Girl”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

At the year of 2017 were completed 10 years since the release of first episode of one of the most remembered – and for sure the most fashion – TV series: Gossip Girl. The show connected a lot of fans around the world, almost all of them greats lovers of fashion.

We followed the group for six seasons, we watched the stories of Blair (Leighton Meester), Serena (Blake Lively), Chuck (Ed Westwick), Dan (Penn Badgley) and many others, but mainly, we were obsessed by their wardrobe and tendencies.

We cannot deny that one of the best dressed of all the series characters, Serena has a special place in our hearts, wearing clothes full of attitude and a lot of glamour.

Check out the best looks of our eternal Serena van der Woodsen!

Serena van der Woodsen’s best looks at Gossip Girl

#1 At the first season, to be more specific, at the fourth episode – more known for the photoshoot of Serena and Blair – we can already see that the character won’t disappoint us when it comes to clothes.

Photo Credit: IMDB

#2 And what about a Parisian look? The rose dress with a cardigan make Serena’s look even more elegant – and, of course, we can’t forget the hat to make everything more modern.

Photo Credit: IMDB

#3 The stamped shorts and the blazer are the ones that attract more attention. We note notice that grey was the character’s favorite color – and we have to agree that looks really great on her! 

Photo Credit: IMDB

#4 I have to admit that I love this look for the simple motive that it encourages us to mix colors and make a beautiful look, mainly in summer time – when the focus are on the happy colors. 

Photo Credit: IMDB

#5 A super cute and fancy look: the junction of happy colors and flower print brings us a sense of summer and lightness.

Photo Credit: IMDB

#6 During all the TV series, we can notice that the characters loves to use pantyhose. In this examples, Serena is using a wonderful coat and a beautiful boot – and everything turned more modern with the checkered pantyhose. 

Photo Credit: IMDB

#7 Serena proves that she is still beautiful even after the broke up with Colin –  at the 8th episode at the season 4. I assume that this is my favorite look of all the TV series. The lace dress in grey have a different modeling, but a lot of fans love it.

Photo Credit: IMDB

#8 Serena showing us that she is innovative and fashion even at the day of her wedding, at the last episode of Gossip Girl. At the occasion, she dispensed the classic white dress and decided to give more color with a gold that divided opinions… I found strange at the first time I saw it, but after some time I started to love it.

Photo Credit: IMDB

Alana Claro

Casper Libero '17

Alana is a Senior in Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. She is President of Casper Libero's Chapter and an intern in a Corporate Communications firm. Born and raised in Sao Paulo, where she speaks Portuguese, although English is her ever-lasting love. Alana is a proud Slytherin and INTJ.