5 Places To Go If You’re Staying in São Paulo During Corpus Christi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

For those who aren’t going anywhere else this holiday, I wouldn’t be worried or sad. São Paulo has a world of possibilities to go out and have fun, so you don’t have to spend all day lying on your couch watching Netflix (although this is a good option too). Here are a few suggestions of places you should go to during Corpus Christi holiday and have the same fun (or even more) than your friends are having going to the beach or climbing a mountain.

1. Sesc Avenida Paulista

First of all, the new Sesc at Avenida Paulista is a good choice if you are looking for something cheap and full of options. The building has seventeen floors based on “Art, Body and Technology” for you to explore.

Image Source: Matheus José Maria/Imagens Portal SESCSP

There is a lot going on at Sesc, like concerts, exhibitions and performances, besides a library, places to eat and to exercise, aka, activities for all ages. The top of the building is its most visited place because it has a coffee shop and a wonderful view.

Image Source: Ricado D’Angelo/Veja SP

Where: Av. Paulista, 119

2. Casa da Luz

If you are looking for something more festive but, at the same time, a little alternative, you should go to Casa da Luz. The big house, built in the 1800’s, has the balance between “party hard” and the exaltation of art and culture.

Image Source: I Hate Flash

During the week the house offers a lot of courses, and when the weekend comes up, the parties take place on the roll.

Image Source: I Hate Flash

Where: Rua Mauá, 512 – Centro

3. Cantareira State Park

It is possible to run away from the chaos of the city and still appreciate the beauty of São Paulo’s view from this park. To have this view, it’s necessary to make a trail and visit the Pedra Grande Nucleus.

Image Source: Cecília Bastos / Imagens USP

The trail to get there and come back is the largest of the park (9.500 m), but there you can have a strong connection with nature and see the contrast between the metropolis and the Atlantic Forest. If the sky is clear, it’s possible to see Serra do Mar from there.

Where: Rua Horto, 1799

4. Praça Pôr do Sol

Still on the vibe of beautiful views, though not only to see the sunset, this place is perfect to make a picnic, take a walk, relax, reunite friends, family or even go on a date and enjoy the afternoon. Named originally as Praça Coronel Custódio Fernandes Pinheiros,  Praça do Pôr do Sol has been considered the city’s most stunning view of the sunset.

Image Source: Roberto Setton / Veja São Paulo

These days that everything passes at the drop of a hat, it is rare to appreciate this natural phenomenon. That is why it is important to take the holiday to do things like these. Nearby the square, there are lot of restaurants to enjoy the night that will  come after the spectacle.

Where: Between Rua Desembargador Ferreira França and Rua Macunis

5. MAC-USP

It might be boring for some of us to receive a suggestion to visit a museum in the middle of the holiday, but MAC-USP is a good option to learn more about modern and contemporary art. The collection covers artworks by Picasso, Miró, Tarsila do Amaral, Kandinsky, Anita Malfatti, Di Cavalcanti, Lygia Clark and many other artists. Besides these names, around 10,000 diverse pieces of art are available to be marveled at MAC-USP.

Image Source: Sérgio Miranda

After the visit to the museum, it is possible to have another experience, but this time a gastronomic one. At the rooftop there is a pleasant coffee shop where you can, while having your meal, observe the view of Ibirapuera park (yes, another view).

Image Source: Denise Andrade

Where: Av. Pedro Álvares Cabral 1301

Susana Terao

Casper Libero

Born in Recife and discovering how to survive in São Paulo, journalist in progress and enthusiastic about everything that life has to offer.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.