15 Apps to Help you Organize Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Health

Clue

Price: Free

Stores: iOS & Android

Language: English and Portuguese

Clue is an application to help you better control and understand your menstrual cycle. When downloading, you must answer some basic questions like: Do you know how long your cycle lasts? Are you pregnant? Do you remember the date of your last period? With each answer, the application tells you if it is within normalcy or not, and so, it calculates your next menstrual cycle. That way it helps women to understand and get in touch with their bodies during their cycle.

Pacifica

Price: Free

Stores: iOS, Android & Web

Language: English

Based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, this app seeks to help the user develop mindfulness, relaxation, and mental health. Designed specifically to people who suffer from anxiety, stress and depression, Pacifica motivates you to understand the underlying thoughts and emotions that trigger the onset of anxiety or panic attacks, an important part of managing an anxiety disorder. Several times a day, the user is confronted with the question “How are you feeling?” which is intended to help them become aware of what is going on in their heads. If you choose the optional upgrade ( for $3.99 a month) you receive the Experiment, Thoughts and Groups functions. While Pacifica is in no way a replacement for therapy, it may work in addition to therapy or shortly after stopping. Overall, it is very useful for anyone who needs to find a way to manage stress through their life.

Stop, Breathe & Think

Price: Free + In-app purchases

Stores: iOS & Android

Language: English

This meditation application offers free-form or guided exercises that rely on an app-made assessment of the physical-mental state the user is in. After this, for example, if you are tired and stressed out, the app will suggest something like “relax, floor and clear”. As the meditations follow the technique of mindfulness, and most audios begin with the same sentence: “Close your eyes and place your hands on your knees”, it is clear that the application was made specially for people with a busy routine. The application also lets you track your performance before and after each exercise, the total amount of meditation time and each new goal achieved. The program has 19 meditation free options and some of them you have to pay for, priced between $0.99 and $1.99. To use it, you must have an internet connection.

Food

Yummly

Price: Free

Stores: iOS & Android

Language: English

Besides being a vast recipe database, Yummly also takes into account your dietary restrictions and tastes to help you discover recipes that you might find appetizing. The app shows you a selection of recipes to “Yumm” (another way of saying “like”) and once you’ve chosen five (and entered any dietary restrictions), it uses this data to constantly refine a list of recipes to feature every time you open the app. As save your favorite recipes, the application creates instant shopping lists and even order their shopping lists for delivery through Instacart, the app will come to learn what you like and don’t like over time and begin recommending recipes more suited for your individual lifestyle

UberEATS

Price: Free

Stores: iOS & Android

Language: Portuguese

Aiming at practicality when making an order, it allows the user to switch between menus from several restaurants, search for the best offers and see the delivery time. UberEats works in a similar way to Spoon Rocket and iFood: the user downloads the application, places the delivery address and selects what they want to eat through several partner restaurants. The only difference is in the delivery; Instead of the usual delivery guy from the restaurants, an Uber driver will take the meal to your house. The delivery app has integration with the Uber application, so personal data, registered addresses and payment information are the same. UberEATS only works in São Paulo for now.

MeuCarrinho

Price: Free

Stores: iOS, Android & WindowsPhone

Language: Portuguese

MeuCarrinho is an app for anyone who likes (or needs!) to create grocery lists and compares prices and products. The application has a beautiful and intuitive design. It’s easy to add products to a wish-list and it even helps you to track your spending as you add your products to the list. Your expenses can be monitored and you can still access your purchases history. Another cool function is the scanner of bar codes, so you can see the price of the product in different places and compare them. To check your list and add generic items to it, you do not have to be connected to the internet – all these functions work offline. The application was created in partnership with the site Buscapé, which guarantees a wide variety of stores and products registered.

Organization

Focus Keeper Free : Work & Study Timer

Price: Free

Stores: iOS

Language: English

The Pomodoro Technique was invented in the early 90s by the developer, entrepreneur, and author Francesco Cirillo. The methodology is simple: When faced with any large task or series of tasks, it breaks the work down into short, timed intervals (called “Pomodoros”) that are spaced out by short breaks. This trains your brain to focus for short periods and helps you to stay on top of deadlines or constantly-refilling inboxes. Focus Keeper does just that, and it also easily sets and tracks your pomodoro goals for the day and see how long will take until you’re rewarded with that longer break. Plus, it has a “getting started” tutorial and helps you get going quickly.

Pinterest

Price: Free

Stores: iOS & Android

Language: English and Portuguese

Even though Pinterest took off like a lightning bolt back in 2011, it is kind of understandable why some people are still hesitant to get on board. With so many social media networking sites, it hardly seems necessary — or time wise  — to start yet another profile. But unlike other sites like Facebook or Instagram that can be a huge time suck with no payoff, Pinterest can actually help you do things better. Pinterest is a virtual inspiration board than can help you to keep track of ideas, inspirational quotes, pictures and life hacks.

Fitness

Pocket Yoga

Price: U$2.99

Stores: iOS & Android

Language: English

With illustrations instead of photos or videos, Pocket Yoga offers you more than 200 poses in addition to having a great look and lots of options. You can choose different levels, intensities, environments and music (you can even play songs from your own library). The application also has a voice instruction that helps in the sequence of poses. The application tracks your practice and progress and includes a dictionary that lists the benefits of each pose. You can download it for Android or iOS.

RunKeeper

Price: Free

Stores: iOS & Android

Language: English

The RunKeeper has a very intuitive interface and it provides detailed stats on your run, like time, pace and distance of the routes. While running, the user has audio guidance, it can take photos and listen to music along the route. In addition, it calculates how many calories were lost approximately during exercise. RunKeeper allows the user to create their ideal training and, in addition, when connected with your Facebook account, it lets you compete or run along with friends. The app also allows sharing your running stats on social networks.

Workout trainer

Price: Free

Stores: iOS & Android

Language: English

For those who plan to get in shape and have no experience with handsets, and for those who enjoy timed, interval and crossfit training, this app will prove to be a blast. With videos, photos and audios tutorials, personal trainers pass instructions to the user to reach their goal, be it lose weight or just define their body. The main catch of this app, it is the possibility of full customization for users, since you get different tips according to your weight, sex and goals. Ideal for those who work in gyms that do not offer personal trainers or do exercises at home.

Fashion+Beauty

Pose

Price: Free

Stores: iOS & Android

Language: English

Pose (which has the stylist Rachel Zoe among its fans) works as a social network formed exclusively by fashionistas. Think of an Instagram just for outfits of the day, and millions of them, since we’re talking about the most famous fashion app today. It is an endless source of ideas for day-to-day productions, and you can also discover other people Poses and even shop from within the app. It is a highly polished iPad app, with a very smooth, fast and sleek interface. Overall, the app is great medium to share and discover clothes and outfits with other users.

Think Dirty

Price: Free

Stores: iOS & Android

Language: English

For those who love nature or are fierce environmentalists, Think Dirty is a must have. The app has a scanner that identifies products and shows how ecofriendly they really are. It also is very useful to those who are looking to avoid chemicals like phthalates, parabens and synthetic fragrances (curlies, I’m looking at you!). Above all, this app is a guiding hand through the confusing world of beauty product labeling. You can input a product name, or scan a product’s barcode. It will give you information about chemicals in the product, as well as suggestions for similar products that are ‘cleaner.’ The app’s informations are based around the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, which has long kept track of the known and potential impacts of personal care products.

Beauty Date

Price: Free

Stores: iOS & Android

Language: English

For many people scheduling their hairdresser appointment is a nightmare! It’s that endless waiting, the clerk who does not understand your name…Similar to delivery and taxi services, this app, besides scheduling your hairdresser of confidence, lets you discover new establishments to mark your favorite places, leave comments, participate in promotions and still pay via Paypal. In addition to mobile version, the app can also be accessed online. For those who only go for the night, the tool works 24h, meaning you can guarantee your hair looking beautiful from dusk until dawn.

AUTHOR: Catalina de Vera

EDITOR: Yulia Serra

Catalina De Vera

Casper Libero

Catalina De Vera is a freshman at Casper Libero, Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. Born in Argentina but raised in Brazil, she identifies as a citizen of the world, always seeking the next big literary adventure. An insomniac with an undying love for writing, you can usually find her reading books, hanging out with friends or running after an interview. Catalina also likes drinking tea, overthinking what shoes to wear and watching Audrey Hepburn movies in her spare time. 
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.