Campus Profile: Daliah Greenwald

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

I don’t think many of us can say that we know someone that can juggle three jobs, a whole range of extracurriculars, and a demanding workload at the same time.  That is one of the many things that makes our next Campus Profile, Daliah Greenwald, so admirable!  Read on to get a glimpse of this awesome superwoman’s life!

Name: Daliah Greenwald

Age: 20

Major/Minor: History/Art History and Arabic

Relationship Status: In a Relationship

Hometown: Syracuse, New York

Horoscope Sign: Aquarius

Campus Involvement: Resident Assistant for Carlton Road, Tour Guide, Receptionist in the Office of Provost, Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority, History Club, Greeks Against Sexual Assault (GASA)

HerCampus: Do you have any nicknames?

Daliah: My residents last year called me “Dilli;” I bet they would love to see that in an article!  I told them that if they found a nickname that they all liked, then I would probably respond to it, so “Dilli” just became a thing.  It soon became too widespread to stop it so I just went with it.

And also, my roller derby name back when I did it was “Daliah-Llama.” XD

HerCampus: Since you’re pretty involved and busy on campus, how do you cope with stress and a busy schedule? And do you have any tips to share?

Daliah:  Making a list is the best method that I’ve found; I’ve seen that I always have a lot assignments due at the same time and a lot of responsibilities.  Writing everything down and using Google Calendar to map out and see when I have time to commit to homework or to other things has made a huge difference this semester.

HerCampus: Tell us about a funny RA story!

Daliah: Here’s a story from last year; so technically there’s a policy that doesn’t allow live Christmas trees in the residence halls since it’s a fire safety hazard.  Then I started noticing that one of my residents’ doors was closed way more often, and thought it was quite odd.  One night as I was walking up to the building and I see in the window a beautiful glowing Christmas tree!  I opened the door to the room there it was, a Christmas tree as tall as the ceiling!  It was decorated with little twinkling lights, Tapingo receipts, and a Super Smash Bros belt!  I’ve always told my residents to be “smart, subtle, and safe”, and so on the top of the tree, there was a sign that said “SAFE AND SUBTLE” with arrows pointing to it.  It was the funniest thing, I don’t think they’d mind me sharing this!

HerCampus: If you had to lose one of your five senses, which one would it be?

Daliah: Smell, it’s much easier to live without it than the other four senses.

HerCampus: If you could be a crayon color, what would it be?

Daliah: Probably teal, it’s a good color.  It’s bold, but goes with a lot of things and I feel like I could aspire to be like that.

HerCampus: Tell us one superpower you’d love to have and why.

Daliah: The power to transform to all different types of animals, because that gives you a lot of variety and  flexibility.  Just having the option of not being human feels kind of cool sometimes.

HerCampus: What kinds of music are you listening to nowadays? Any artists suggestions for the CWRU community?

Daliah: Haha oh gosh, the CWRU community should not ask me for any music advice.  I’m currently using Google Play and I found a playlist called Kitchen Karaoke Classics. It’s a ridiculous playlist because it has everything from “Livin’ On a Prayer” from Backstreet Boys to Dr. Dre.  It’s all songs that you’d be slightly familiar with so you can sing along so it’s relaxing to sing along when doing homework.

HerCampus: If you could bring a historical character back from the dead, who would it be?

Daliah: Oh that’s so difficult… there are so many options.  Probably Elizabeth the First,  She broke a lot of barriers and I feel like she’s a very inspiring and empowering woman.  And she’s also the reason I got into the history in the first place.

HerCampus: What is your motto in life?

Daliah: “When you’re going through hell, keep going” — Winston Churchill

HerCampus: Lastly, where do you think the Yik Yak-famous weather machine is located?

Daliah: Well it’s definitely not in President Snyder’s office. I’m going to guess that it’s hiding in the basement of Adelbert!  There’s been a lot of historical things that have happened down there, like the Michelson and Morley experiment, so I wouldn’t be surprised.

Vivian is a sophomore Biochemistry major pursuing her future goals of becoming a pharmacologist.  She's an avid lover of iced coffee, quesadillas, and the color turquoise.  In her free time, she enjoys scouting out new music with the help of her good friend, Shazam ©.