Hottest Acts at Escapade Music Festival 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Ravers, get ready! Escapade Music Festival is back for its 5th year in Ottawa from June 28 – 29 at Rideau Carleton Raceway. With its stellar new venue and a lineup brimming with some of the world’s hottest DJs and producers, Escapade 2014 is bound to be bigger and better than ever before. Here are 5 acts that are definitely worth checking out this weekend:

Eric Prydz

Eric Prydz keeps a low profile when it comes to his personal life, but his trance-infused house music keeps the Swedish producer-DJ in the limelight. After his 2004 single “Call on Me” soared to number 1 on the UK Charts, Prydz started gaining international attention, and with good reason. His enthralling tracks put you in a trance as you get lost in the music. It’s no wonder he’s a festival headliner this year!

Kaskade

Named “America’s Best DJ” in 2011 and 2013 by DJ Times magazine, Chicago-based progressive house DJ Kaskade is an act you don’t want to miss. His long line of singles and remixes got him 3 Grammy nominations and led him to play at big-name music festivals, including Ultra and Coachella.

He also incorporates an incredible stage setup at his shows. You can see for yourself when he headlines Escapade’s main stage on Sunday.

NERVO

Australian twins Miriam and Olivia Nervo have made quite a name for themselves in the EDM world over the course of their short career. The duo, known as NERVO, began songwriting for major label artists when they were just 18 years old, working with the likes of David Guetta, Kesha and Kylie Minogue. As the sisters expanded into producing their own music in 2010, they quickly gained prominence as DJs and electronic artists. Did I mention they have a background in modelling and are always impeccably stylish? NERVO are a must-see at Escapade this year.

Fedde Le Grand

Fedde Le Grand is a defining character in the house music scene. As hardworking as he is talented, this DJ hailing from the Netherlands puts out song after song, each release more electrifying that the other. Not only has he amassed a large following of loyal fans with his work, he has also lent a hand in the careers of fellow electronic DJs Nicky Romero and Danny Ávila. His set this weekend is sure to get your heart pumping like crazy!

Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike

Let the facts speak for themselves: Over 5.1 million likes on Facebook, a debut showcase at a 20,000 capacity venue sold out in under a day, and songs that reach the top of Beatport’s charts. Belgian brothers Dimitri and Michael Thivaios, known professionally as Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, are among the world’s most popular DJ acts as well as one of the most highly-demanded acts today. They’re known to get their crowds stirring with their explosive live sets, a blend of their masterful DJing and MCing. This is the show all Escapade attendees should be dying to see.

Of course, these are only a few of the many talented acts set to perform at Escapade 2014, so make sure to check the full lineup on Escapade’s website [http://www.escapademf.com/index.php]. Ottawa, you’re in for one wild summer weekend.

Parisa

Carleton

Parisa is a journalism student at Carleton University, published author and poet, and self-proclaimed music geek. Tweet her @ http://twitter.com/ParisaEmily
Delisha is the Campus Correspondent for Carleton University. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Honours degree in Communications and English with a concentration in Creative Writing. If she isn't on Tumblr or reading a novel geared at perfecting an abstract thinking, she is asleep. She was born and raised in Barbados so she has an island life perspective of easy living. She enjoys working out, good quotes, yoga, and listening to music. She hopes to use her talent for writing to mold language in a way that it serves the world best. As Tupac Shakur once said, “I don’t want to change the world, I want to spark the mind of the person who eventually changes the world.” This is her hope as well.