This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal U chapter.

Although it may not feel like it, you’re doing a good job. Let’s face it, life is hard and sometimes it seems like everyone else is doing so much better than you. But I promise someone else is thinking the same thing about you. We are at a very awkward stage in our lives, we are adults now but we don’t really know how to go about being adults yet, so we feel like we’re floundering. Everyone our age is struggling with this no matter how much it seems like they may have their lives together, I guarantee they feel the same way you do.

The bad times will pass.Whenever you are going through hardships, it feels as if you will never make it through, but you are so much stronger than you think. You are not alone no matter what, I know there is someone that cares for you.

That girl that you are jealous of? Yes she is beautiful, but you are beautiful too in your own way. You don’t have to be beautiful like her, you need to be beautiful like YOU. We all struggle with self-image issues sometimes but there is someone out there that will think you are the most beautiful person in the world. I just hope that one day you can think that about yourself.

As much as it feels like it right now, your grades are not everything. Yes, they are important but if you have one bad or hard semester it isn’t going to ruin your entire life. The memories that you make in school will be what you look back on with fondness, so sometimes you need to stay out late with your friends even when you should be doing homework.

People are always going to judge you no matter what you do, as long as you like the person you are and you aren’t harming anyone try not to let it get to you. You are amazing and you are doing a great job with your life. Take time for yourself sometimes because you deserve it.

Wake up tomorrow morning and tell yourself how beautiful you are and go kick this day in the butt!

My name is Kelsey Haught and I'm an English major with a concentration in literature at California University of Pennsylvania. This is my first year writing for HerCampus and I am very excited to be a part of the team!
I am a undergraduate student, seeking a B.A. in English, concentrating in Journalism and Creativing Writing. I am the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at California University of Pennsylvania (Cal U). I am the Social Media Officer for Alpha Lambda Delta. Additionally, I manage the social media for Cal U's Women's Studies Program where I am a work study student. I am a staff writer for the Cal Times and I also write frequently for Her Campus at Cal U. In the past, I have worked as a Social Media Consultant Intern with Someone To Tell It To, a non-profit organization based in Harrisburg, PA.