Meet Her Campus Cal U’s President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal U chapter.

Meet Monica Flickinger. Monica is the campus correspondent, president, and founder of the Her Campus Cal U chapter as well as a contributing writer to the Cal Times. She is majoring in English with a concentration in journalism as well as creative writing.

Monica Flickinger, age 19, was born on April 18. Monica grew up in Hershey, a town known for its famous chocolate in south eastern Pennsylvania. She graduated from Palmyra Area High School in 2015. She then became a part of Cal U’s freshman class in the Fall of 2015. She currently stands as a sophomore. In her free time, out of classes Monica likes to write poetry, take photographs, spend time with her roommates, read books, and run her personal blog.

When asked what motivated Monica to bring Her Campus to Cal U, she responded, “I had been following the Her Campus network for so long and I was obsessed with it. I wished for so long that there was something for me on campus like this so I figured there had to be at least one other person feeling the same way.” She proceeded to say, “Plus it’s not catered to one interest, it encompasses a lot of things that people from all majors could apply their skills to. It provides a great opportunity to get your toes wet for any job field you want to go into once graduation day comes

Monica loves Her Campus Cal U, she states, “I love the opportunity to connect with so many driven people that have now become friends.” She continues, “I also feel like I’ve learned a lot about myself from this experience”

Monica is such a great President and we are happy to have her leading Her Campus Cal U.

I am a undergraduate student, seeking a B.A. in English, concentrating in Journalism and Creativing Writing. I am the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at California University of Pennsylvania (Cal U). I am the Social Media Officer for Alpha Lambda Delta. Additionally, I manage the social media for Cal U's Women's Studies Program where I am a work study student. I am a staff writer for the Cal Times and I also write frequently for Her Campus at Cal U. In the past, I have worked as a Social Media Consultant Intern with Someone To Tell It To, a non-profit organization based in Harrisburg, PA.