Which Disney Princess Are You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is an expansion of Carl Jung’s ideas about personality types, expressed in one of 16 four-letter acronyms that express your dominant traits. You’re going to be asked a set of 4 questions in different categories that help determine these traits. You can jot them down on a piece of paper or on your phone or just remember them. Scroll down until you find your four-letter acronym and that is the Disney princess you’re the most like!

Here are the questions:

Worldview: Extroversion (E) or Introversion (I)

i.e. would you rather play with your pals or hang out at home with a book?

Information: Sensing (S) or Intuition (N)

i.e. when taking in something new, do you prefer to take it simply, at face value or interpret / add meaning based on your gut?

Decisions: Thinking (T) or Feeling (F)

i.e. when making up your mind about something, do you primarily rely on logic and structure, or do you gravitate towards emotion and empathy?

Structure: Judging (J) or Perceiving (P)

i.e. would you rather things in your life to be decided and set, or do you like to stay open to whatever options might come along?

1. INTP: Elsa

Like Elsa, INTPs are analytical and thoughtful individuals who prefer to work alone and who are often ill at ease in social situations. They are impatient with hierarchies and politics and would prefer that leaders prove their worth with merit, rather than with charisma and influence. Although they are not particularly social, they do have ice-sharp wit, and are often surprised to learn that people do enjoy their company.

2. ESTP: Ariel

Dramatic, charismatic, and influential — ESTPs seek the best in life and want to share it with their friends. They are active, spontaneous, fun. They are the most adept of any of the personality types at influencing and manipulating people and they make great persuader and can be wonderful friends, if you’re looking for a good time. Anyone would be lucky to be a part of their world.

3. ISFP: Cinderella

Peaceful and easygoing, ISFPs take things at their own pace and live moment to moment. They are considerate, pleasant, caring, and mellow. Their values are important to them, but they are not ones who particularly care about defending or debating their views publicly. Don’t call them lazy — they are hard workers! Although they are more relaxed, they still work hard and play harder.

4. ENTJ: Mulan

Independent and logical thinkers who are also persuasive leaders, ENTJs are business-minded and ambitious. They refuse to allow any subjective emotion to enter into their decision-making process, and as a result they can be seen as callous and cold. But these fierce individuals tend to be highly effective, successful, and incredibly powerful. They work hard to accomplish what’s important to them, even doing it in a badass way.

5. ISFJ: Pocahontas

Like Pocahontas, ISFJs are quiet, observant, and thoughtful. They are interested in maintaining order and harmony, and respecting everyone’s feelings. They are often described by the few people who know them deeply as being incredibly sensitive and trustworthy. They will keep their family and friends feelings before their own, and will love unconditionally.

6. INTJ: Megara “Meg”

Like Meg, INTJs are independent types, wildly intelligent and creative — but rather uninterested in what anyone else is doing. They are often considered the most independent of all the personality types, and they work best when given freedom. They are acutely aware of their own intelligence, as well as what they don’t know, and they’re passionate about achieving their own goals. Falling in love is not their main priority, but if it happens it happens.

7. ISTP: Merida

Like Merida, ISTPs are an interesting study in contrasts: they are naturally quiet and analytic, often drawn to the field of engineering or trying to figure out things work. But they are also explorers who can easily become bored with a single routine. ISTPs are often closet daredevils drawn to racing, bungee jumping, or skydive. They are “live and let live” types who are not particularly concerned with rules or regulations and would prefer that others not concern themselves with their behavior either. Some have even remarked that “don’t tread on me” is the perfect ISTP motto.

8. ESFP: Anna

ESFPs live in the moment and want to experience life at 100 mph. They are incredibly playful, generous, and optimistic. They love being social and having new experiences. Classroom learning is not their strong suit even though they are intelligent and creative — they would prefer to simply “go with the flow” and have a great time. They believe there is good in everyone and are willing to seek it out.

9. INFJ: Belle

Like Belle, INFJs are value-driven individuals who tend to remain mysterious and complex even after you’ve become close to one. They are often creative and inspired individuals. They are good at perceiving emotions and are sensitive to the feelings of others, but they are not very prone to revealing much of themselves until they trust someone completely. That said, they are intensely interested in the well-being of others and are often seen as protectors as well as natural leaders. They can also cuddle up to a good book or love learning new things.

10. ENFP: Rapunzel

Creative and contagiously happy, ENFPs have boundless energy and an appetite for learning about new things and meeting new people. They bring joy to others and are keenly perceptive to the needs of those around them. They have bubbly personalities and popular enthusiasts. They try to make the best out of everything, while also desiring to discover everything. ENFPs tend to get bored easily, and they are always ready for the latest and the greatest in friends, relationships, experiences, even if they’re stuck in the same place for a long time.

11. ESTJ: Aurora

ESTJs are civic-minded workers who strive to improve society and like to be part of what is going on around them. They are practical and straight-forward, and have little use for “expanding their mind” or having new experiences. They are, however, outgoing, and they have no problem with clearly communicating their needs and desires to others. They are often conservative and they are strong believers in the right thing to do, although they take risks.

12. ISTJ: Tiana

ISTJs are logical and word-working conservative types. They enjoy organization and regulation, and have a reputation for being serious individuals who take a practical approach to everything. They are dependable and thorough, sensible and earnest. They are known for being incredibly dedicated workers who will do whatever is needed to get the job done. On the negative side, they have good intentions but can sometimes have a difficult time understanding the emotional needs of others. ISTJs love and care about the people who are most important to them, but will work hard to achieve their goals.

13. ENFJ: Melody

Similar to Melody (Ariel’s daughter), ENFJs are social butterflies who are cheerleaders and supporters of a wide variety of friends and acquaintances. They hate bullying and they love to greet their loved ones with a big hug and smile. They are happy when the people around them are happy and care about the emotions of their friends and family. They tend to adapt to the group that they are in very quickly, even adopting the values of whoever they are surrounded by. They are loyal and expect loyalty from others. They can be rebellious, but in the mindset of helping or doing anything for the ones they care about most.

14. INFP: Jasmine

Like Jasmine, INFPs are deeply ethical and idealistic, loyal to their family and closest friends, and guided by their desire to live a life according to their values. They are intelligent and honest, but will fight for what’s right. They are curious about those around them, but will not accept threats to the security of their morals.INFPs are strong minded but are willing to learn and see new places and ideas. They can be shy at times, but once comfortable they can show you a whole new world.

15. ENTP: Moana

Like Disney’s new princess, Moana, ENTPs prize intelligence and competence over all other things (both in themselves and in others). They are often described as witty, clever, cerebral, and resourceful. They are verbally inclined and they often have a perverse sense of humor. ENTPs like to analyze every side of an issue and are creative thinkers and workers. They sometimes chatter, but are always a great presence and friend to be around. They are adventurous and headstrong, but will go above and beyond for their family and friends.

16. ESFJ: Snow White

Like the original princess, Snow White, ESFJs are genuine and authentic, and they care deeply about those around them. These are the kind of individuals who bring out the best in those around them, and they are serious about loyalty and responsibility to their families, friends, and co-workers. They are generous and they love to bring joy to others, but they are also sensitive and easily hurt. ESFJs are often blind to the flaws of those they love and they are incredibly trusting and full of love. They should just try to stay away from old creepy ladies with apples.

Bella Hernandez

Cal State LA '20

I will die for a good meme and I cry every night cause vine is dead.
Kammile Whitener

Cal State LA '18

Film and Business Enthusiast. Love the best of both worlds.