etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Kammile Whitener: Get To Know The Her Campus President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

Hello Everyone, I know there has been many posts(social media and articles) that our President Kammile has posted but there hasn’t been a Profile on her yet. So with that being said I conducted an interview with her for new members and readers of her posts can know more about the person they are reading from. Enjoy.

(Kammile Whitener on the right, with Kimberly another member of Her Campus)

Name: Kammile Whitener

Age:  22

Major: Television and Film

Hometown:  Indio, California

Favorite Color:My fav colors are black, white and red

Relationship Status: “Single, AF” lol

Describe yourself in three words: Three words to describe me are Kind…… lazy… I like it when I ask other people this question when I interview them … and passionate. Passionate towards film, my #life goals and my future career. I am passionate towards the rest of my life.

Are you involved on campus? Yea, I was part of a sorority here on campus. I was historian for AST (Alpha Sigma Tau). And I’m President of Her Campus, I started off as a writer and then used to be Social Media and now I am president. Over the summer, I was an orientation leader for the New Student and Parent Programs. 

Old Kanye or new Kanye? I like both. If he were to perform I want the new songs with the old Kanye vibes, I don’t want a speech mid-performance.

What is your favorite place in L.A.? Currently, Afters in Pasadena or Costco. Nah nvm Afters. I go all the time with my best friends. 

Who is your role model?  I have 3 role models #1 is my Mom. #2 is Shonda Rhimes from Grey’s Anatomy. #3 is Mindy Kaling from the Mindy Project she is also Kelly from “The Office”

Describe your dream date. He would pick me up from my house and knock on my door. Haha He has to be in good style but he doesn’t have to be fancy (dress fancy) in a suit and tie. We would go out to dinner and then to a concert.

Where do you see yourself in five years? 5 years from now I hope to be working in a Studio maybe? being an assistant producer? Whatever it is to make me advance to the next big thing. I would probably want to move closer to L.A. maybe Downtown.

I see myself working for E-News that’s cool. Yea, E-entertainment. Buzzfeed is cool too. I like magazines. But one thing is for sure having brunch dates with my peeps is a must (like sex in the city)

What’s your favorite thing about Cal State LA?  The people I have met. I have met the coolest people here and I really enjoy the events they have here.

If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be? Yea, you can change that to artist because yea. 1975 most likely. Omg let me tell you a story – I was on my way to get food and I saw a guy walking down the main walkway with a 1975 T-shirt and I wanted to say “Hi nice shirt guy” but I had to get my food and I chickened out.

Why TVF? In community college, my major was Business Administration. I transferred into Accounting but when I went to see an Advisor to double major they said TVF doesn’t have a minor and I didn’t want to take too long. So, I was like “Kammile this is something you want to do.Do you really want to do accounting or do you want to choose something you enjoy?” So, I said Thug Lyfe and changed majors.

Hobbies? My hobbies – I am good at anything I do but I don’t get to try that much. I did tennis and softball back in the day. (my weakness is procrastination and I am constantly trying to change to make myself a better person) But I love binge watching shows and doing new things. 

How did you join Her Campus? I joined Her Campus through Yzzy (2015 Club President). I kind of social media stalked her and became her friend. Then, on the first week of school I met Christina Rivas and I said this is fate. And I kind of stalked them(not being totally creepy) into being my friends because I really didn’t know anyone else on campus. I went to the first club meeting and I was like yea I can do this.

What concert would you throw if you could?

If I were to put together a concert it would be 1975, Skrillex, throw in some Selena up in there. (*kisses her fingers and points to the sky) “R.I P Salina”, Jennifer Lopez maybe have Elton John being a headliner with Drake because I haven’t seen him yet, some Kanye and of course I got to have some oldies in there like Def Leppard, Aerosmith or a Beatles hologram. Oh yea and throw in some Rihanna and Beyonce. And I want up in the front row with my peeps.

Sup, My name is Matthew and I guess I am apart of this. I have my own account so yea check me out.    
Kammile Whitener

Cal State LA '18

Film and Business Enthusiast. Love the best of both worlds.