Campus Cutie Matthew Gonzalez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

Name: Matthew Gonzalez  

Age: 20 

Major: Communication with emphasis in Public Relations, minor in Computer Information Systems  

Year: Junior, 2017  

Hometown: West Covina, CA  

Relationship status: Single

Describe yourself in three words: rule, breaker

What does your daily routine look like? Wake up, walk to school, go to the University Times (UT), class and UT again. That’s it. 

Are you involved on campus? Yes. I’m in UT, Golden Eagle Radio, Baja Engineers, League of Legends Club, and I’m trying to join a grievance committee. I was recently a college representative for ASI.  

Name one crazy life experience that happened recently. Some dude died in front of my house.  

What is your favorite place in L.A.? My bedroom.

Who is your role model? Matt Groening  

What is your favorite food? Pizza and sushi  

Describe your dream date. Somewhere like mini golfing or a concert that we both like. Maybe a movie.  

Where do you see yourself in five years? I hope to make a cartoon before I’m 30.  

What’s your favorite thing about Cal State LA? I think it’s the quarter system…  

If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be? I can’t pick but my favorite album right now is “Love Slacker” by Yeek.

Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez