Would You Be Able to Complete These Crazy Local Restaurant Food Challenges?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Are you someone who likes to eat? I know I am but I’m not sure if I love food enough to complete these crazy food challenges that I have discovered around the SLO area. If you are always trying to compete with a friend to see who can eat more, then these challenges are perfect for you!

1. The Costco Challenge

Located at 1540 Froom Ranch Way, San Luis Obispo, CA, you may have to skip going for the Costco samples this time around.

The Rules:

• Not including tax, you must buy and consume a combination of food and drinks for a minimum of $10.

• Each item must be different, therefore no, you can not buy 5 slices of pizza and have that be your meal. Lucky for you, Costco has lots to choose from! Here are some of your options: Slice of pizza, hot dog, chicken bake, carne asada bake, caesar salad, churro, frozen yogurt, berry smoothie, and a soda.

• Finally, in order to complete the challenge, you must be able to complete the walk of triumph out the door will all of the food digested inside of you. Once you’ve walked out then you can feel free vomit if needed – hopefully not.

Prizes:

• Nothing but bragging rights!

2. Frank’s 10 Mini Burger Challenge

Located on 950 California Blvd, San Luis Obispo, CA, if you are a burger lover, and want to make your Monday a little bit better (or worse depending on the severity of your stomach ache after) then head out to Frank’s Famous Hot Dogs to try this challenge

The Rules:

• You must consume ten mini burgers that are $2 each. The burgers are only topped with cheese and tomatoes.

• You must complete the challenge on a Monday.

Prizes:

• Bragging rights of course

• A T-shirt to prove that you did indeed eat 10 mini burgers.

Tip for completing the challenge: Rumor has it that if you eat all the meat first then the buns after, the challenge is easier than just eating 10 straight mini burgers.

3. Sylvester’s 5 pound Big One Challenge

Located at 1099 Santa Ynez Avenue, Los Osos CA and 6455 El Camino Real, Atascadero CA, this challenge is for the truest of burger lovers. If you can complete this you must be supernatural or something which automatically makes you awesome – not that you weren’t already awesome of course.

The Rules:

• The hamburger you will consume must be 5 pounds. 2.5 pounds is the meat, the other 2.5 is the fixins aka the stuff you want on your burger including the bun (yay you get to choose!).

• You must eat ALL of the Big One in 30 minutes or less.

• Once you have eaten the entire thing, you must stand up and keep it down in your gut for a full minute.

Prizes:

• The big one is free!

• You get a free “The Big One T-shirt”.

• Your photo will be on the wall, forever!

• If you finish in fast enough time you will be entered in the Beef Bonanza which gives you a chance to win $1,000 in cash.

• Major bragging rights.

4. Kona’s Deli 2.0 Challenge

Located at 977 Foothill Blvd, San Luis Obispo, CA, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. daily, if burgers aren’t your thing, maybe this sandwich food challenge is perfect for you.

The Rules:

• You must eat a two foot “Destroyer” sandwich in 17 minutes or less.

• The “Destroyer” consists of Turkey, Ham, Salami, Pastrami, Roast Beef, Pepperoni, Provolone, and whatever other toppings you would like to add. If you’re a vegetarian, this is probably not for you.

Prizes:

• You get the sandwich for free! (WOO free stuff is fun)

• You receive a free Kona’s Deli T-shirt.

• You get your name and picture put up on the Wall of Fame.

• Bragging rights duh

5. Ribline’s Brahma Bull Challenge

Located at 12308 Los Osos Valley Rd, San Luis Obispo, CA, this challenge is for the true tri-tip lover. SLO is known for their love of tri-tip but only few love tri-tip enough to eat a 2 foot long 4.8 pound sandwich of it.

Rules:

• You must eat the 2 foot long tri-tip sandwich served on a hoagie bun faster than the current record.

Prizes:

• Picture on the Wall.

• Free lunch at the restaurant each Friday until your record is broken. (Free food, even better!)

• Bragging rights of how you now get free lunch on Fridays.

If you can complete any of these challenges I praise you. You go food lovers, you go.