Feature Hero Zodiac Spending Hero
Feature Hero Zodiac Spending Hero
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media

Which ‘Gilmore Girls’ Character Are You, Based on Your Zodiac Sign?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Aries (March 21- April 20)

Jess Mariano

Aries are independent and moody. Jess is all of these, he cannot stay in one place and turned his life around after he decided he couldn’t stay in Stars Hollow any longer. Aries don’t like being told what to do by others and neither does Jess. It’s hard to stay in a relationship with an Aries for long and that’s exactly what happened to Jess’ up and down relationship with Rory.

Taurus (April 21- May 21.)

Luke Danes

Luke’s stubborn nature and low-key attitude are the epitome of a Taurus. He is reserved and cautious when it comes to relationships and can keep people at a distance. Luke is dependable and loyal, I mean he practically helped raise Rory and was always there for Lorelai and Rory whenever they needed him, just as a Taurus would be.

Gemini (May 22- June 21)

Logan Huntzberger

Gemini’s are infamously adventurous and energetic. They have a strong sense of independence and are not easily tied down to one person. Logan is the perfect example of this, he has had countless girlfriends and found it difficult to be committed to Rory in the beginning of their relationship. Logan is also unpredictable and loves to go on crazy adventures with the Life and Death Brigade. Gemini’s are quick witted, opinionated and social butterflies. Logan has a natural talent in journalism and can talk his way into or out of anything, he is the essence of this sign.

Cancer (June 22- July 22)

Rory Gilmore

Rory’s character is full of contradictions, just like a Cancer. Rory is very driven and motivated in her academics and definitely a perfectionist, however she also dropped out of school and stole a boat with her boyfriend Logan. Cancers are also great friends and are easy to confide in, just as Rory is always willing to help out others and wants to portray to people the perfect image of a good friend and person. She is not always emotional, but when things get to be too much she breaks down and shows her vulnerable side. Rory is a complex character as are Cancers.

Leo (July 23- August 21)

Richard Gilmore

Richard Gilmore is one of the most beloved characters and is clearly a Leo. Leo’s are known for their pride, leadership and honesty. Richard is one of the strongest male characters on the show, is very sure of himself and is a strong believer in honesty and loyalty. He accomplished starting his own business and even went on to teach at Yale. He might put up a strong and prideful front but deep down he is a sensitive, warm hearted man, especially to Rory. This self-motivated and successful man is admired and appreciated by his friends and family and so are Leos.

Virgo (August 22- September 23)

Michel Gerard

Virgo’s are known for their inflexibility and fussiness, which is emulated through Michel’s character. Michel is strict with his diet and lifestyle, very sarcastic, sometimes unpleasant and rude on the surface but yet somehow is loved by all. Virgo’s are also sensitive and need to be appreciated, so don’t forget to tell all the Virgo’s in your life you love them! Michel is a bit judgmental of others but that’s only because he thinks he knows what’s right. Michel might not have much compassion for his peers but has tons of love in his heart for his pups, Paw-Paw and Chin-Chin, which shows just how loving and affectionate Virgos can be.

Libra (September 24- October 23)

Miss Patty

Libra’s are everybody’s friends and that’s exactly who Miss Patty aims to be! Miss Patty is the town mediator and gossiper who is loved by all, even Taylor! Libra’s are happiest when they’re surrounded by others and are the peacemakers of their friend group. Miss Patty is a notorious flirt, she’ll bat her eyes at any guy she meets just as a Libra would.

Scorpio (October 24- November 22)

Paris Geller

If you’re a Scorpio, you are no doubt Paris Geller. She is by far the most intense character, with her constant drive to be the best and high standards for herself and everyone around her. She fits the hardworking, powerful and strong Scorpio mold. Scorpios also value loyalty and this is shown through Paris’ committed friendship with Rory over the years and her everlasting relationship with Doyle.

Sagittarius (November 23- December 22)

Lorelai Gilmore

The defining characteristics of independence, positivity and confidence radiate in Lorelai. She can bring humor to any situation and is also sure of herself and her life choices even though she may not have the approval of those around her. For example, all the times her parents were critical of her not marrying Christopher when she got pregnant or Luke being critical of her coffee drinking or even Taylor being critical of her sense of humor. When in a relationship Lorelai likes to retain her sense of self, she’s definitely not one to get dragged along by a guy for long. Her ultimatum to Luke at the end of season 6 is a perfect example of that. Lorelai is a strong independent character that’s not afraid to speak up for herself, which makes it hard not to love and relate to her even if you’re not a Sag.

Capricorn (December 23- January 20)

Emily Gilmore

Emily is one of the most controversial characters, you probably can’t help but hate her and love her at the same time. She is not easy to please and might be hard to deal with at times, which encompasses a Capricorn’s need for structure and order in their lives. Emily is very ambitious, always wants to please Richard and is determined to keep up with the D.A.R. and maintain her pristine social status. She’s a strong woman who’s not afraid to speak her mind but is also a strong friend who you can count on. Capricorns should be proud to be like Emily Gilmore.

Aquarius (January 21- February 19)

Lane Kim

Lane doesn’t care what others think of her. She went completely off the path set for her by Mrs. Kim and found her own niche that was different from that of all her peers. The rebelliousness of being the drummer in a rock band and hiding it from her mom is the classic rebellion expected from an Aquarius. She didn’t care if she fit in or not (except maybe when she was a cheerleader for a minute), she was following her heart and this is what an Aquarius does. Lane is stubborn at times, like Mrs. Kim, but is also a great friend who will go out of their way to make others feel good. Chances are if you’re an Aquarius you can relate to Lane’s rebelliousness and stubborn personality.

Pisces (February 20- March 20)

Sookie St. James

A Pisces is extremely talented, compassionate, imaginative and devoted. Sookie is a caring mother, a dependable and supportive friend and a successful creative chef. She feels everything intensively, which may make her oversensitivity a flaw but at the same time it can also be her strength because it allows her to be an intuitive companion for others. Consider yourself lucky to be a Pisces and share these awesome characteristics with one of the best Gilmore Girls characters.