The Ultimate Christmas Party Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

College is the best time to host a fantastic party complete with cozy sweaters, bright lights and cheery holiday music—if you’ve never thrown a Christmas party before, this is your year!  To get the ball rolling, here’s a playlist for those of you who love holiday tunes but are sick of hearing the same ones over and over on the radio.

1. Got Something For You by Best Coast and Wavves

This cute indie Christmas song will make your holiday a little more hipster.  Make sure to buy an ugly Christmas sweater from a thrift shop and serve your spiced apple cider in Mason jars!

2. Christmas Tree by Lady GaGa featuring Space Cowboy   

A great Christmas song that isn’t played on the radio for reasons obvious once you listen to the lyrics.  Add to your playlist with caution — you don’t want this song coming on if your parents arrive at the party.

3. Winter Wonderland/Don’t Worry Be Happy Mashup by Pentatonix

A cappella is a must for every Christmas playlist.  Make sure to look at the other holiday songs by Pentatonix on their YouTube channel!

4. Shake Up Christmas (It’s Christmas Time) by Natasha Bedingfield

Natasha truly does carry around a pocketful of sunshine at all times, even in the middle of winter.  This upbeat song proves it!

5. What Christmas Means To Me by Cee Lo Green

This is another incredibly catchy and upbeat tune; it is sure to get everyone on the dance floor.

6. Merry Christmas (I Don’t Want To Fight Tonight) by The Ramones

Not even the Ramones are too cool for Yule.

7. Just Another Christmas Song by Stephen Colbert

A classic Colbert take on what the season of giving is really all about.

I like iced coffee, red lipstick, good books, short runs, Korean rap, big dogs, warm weather, funny people and cheese. Lots and lots of cheese. Writing is fun too, I guess.  Find me on Twitter: [at]cseiter17. 
Aja Frost

Cal Poly

Aja Frost is a college junior living in San Luis Obispo, California. She is equally addicted to good books and froyo, and considers the combo of the two the best since pb & b (peanut butter and banana.) Aja has been published on the Huffington Post, USA Today College, Newsweek, The Daily Muse, xoJane, and Bustle, among other publications. Follow her on Twitter: @ajavuu