Swimmer & Yogi Blake Faris

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Meet Blake Faris: God-centered, animal enthusiast and swimmer for Cal Poly’s swim team. Did we mention he’s also a bible study leader for the men’s and women’s swimming and diving team, on the executive board for CURE and works at both Spark Yoga and Sage Ecological Landscapes? That’s just some of the things we learned about this Campus Cutie!

Hometown: Corona, California

Year: 3rd

Major: Landscape Architecture

Status: Single

HC: What’s your favorite movie?

I really like The Lion King. It’s a good one.

HC: What do you like to do in your free time?

I would say all my free time is spent swimming or doing hot yoga, and hanging out with friends.

HC: Who is your role model?

Um, is it cliche to say your parents? Definitely my parents. Their work ethic inspires me and the way that they approach their business and life also inspires me.

HC: What is your least favorite food?

I really don’t like tomatoes and onions. But I like salsa, I just don’t do tomatoes in hamburgers and stuff. Oh and horseradish. That’s gross.

HC: If you could meet anyone living or dead, who would it be?

Hmm. Jesus. Because he’s awesome.

HC: If you could go to any concert, who would you see?

I would probably go to a Hillsong concert.

HC: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A veterinarian. Absolutely. 100%.

HC: What is your favorite part about SLO?

I would say the sense of community and the opportunity for adventure.

HC: If you could have a superpower, what would it be?

Well see I’m a swimmer, so the first part of me is thinking I’d want to manipulate water, but I think I want to go broader and I want to manipulate nature.

HC: What is your ideal pet?

I would say if I could own any animal it would be a pronghorn. It’s the only American antelope and it runs just as fast as a cheetah but it has better endurance. It’s a pretty cool animal. Or a hedgehog and a Shiba Inu.

HC: Favorite spot to go to in SLO?

Panda Express by far, and Spark Yoga. And I love Petsmart.

HC: What is your perfect date?

To be honest, it depends a lot on the girl because I think that I would search for the interest that she enjoys and whatever that would make her happy I would plan for. Because her happiness would mean a lot to me.

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

She needs to love God, have a sense of adventure and spontaneity, have a good sense of humor, and is compassionate. 

HC: Where do you see yourself in ten years?

With a beautiful wife and beautiful children. Either designing animal exhibits or working for a non profit designing in underdeveloped countries. I’m in CURE which is an organization on campus where we pay for children’s surgeries in underdeveloped countries while promoting Jesus. So if I could design those hospitals or design things that benefit people that would be awesome.

Morgan Mazzocco is a fourth year English major with a minor in Media Arts & Technologies. She hopes to someday work in an art museum and pretend to be Dorian Grey.
Aja Frost

Cal Poly

Aja Frost is a college junior living in San Luis Obispo, California. She is equally addicted to good books and froyo, and considers the combo of the two the best since pb & b (peanut butter and banana.) Aja has been published on the Huffington Post, USA Today College, Newsweek, The Daily Muse, xoJane, and Bustle, among other publications. Follow her on Twitter: @ajavuu