Start The Quarter on The Right Foot

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Hey, remember bullet journals? They are still super awesome! Starting one now is a great way to start off the school year. The beauty of bullet journals is that there isn’t one right way. You can personalize it to exactly what you need to track and write down.

Track Each Class

Don’t only track what time that class is, but you can track how many classes you’ve missed, how much you participated in class that day or if you spoke to that cutie in the front row or not. 

Make Lists

To-do lists are an obvious choice, but in your personalized bullet journal, list EVERYTHING. List of dreams, lists of date ideas, bucket list, f**k it list, and even lists of all your lists. List to your heart’s content. 

Track The Little Victories 

Bullet journals are about being positive. Instead of focusing on the things you didn’t do, track the things you did. Did you put on your SPF lotion today? Did you drink enough water? Did you accept a compliment today? All things that you can celebrate for doing rather than beating yourself up for missing something else.

Be Creative

Possibly the best part of a bullet journal is the opportunity for creativity. When you’re tired or stressed, settling down and working on something that can channel your energy and your imagination can be so fun. 

Ashlyn Donnahoe

Cal Poly '18

Ashlyn Donnahoe is a senior at Cal Poly SLO majoring in English with a minor in Child Development. After college, she hopes to teach kindergarteners how to be super adorable and read Dr. Seuss for a living. Ashlyn has loved writing since she was young, debuting her talents as a second grader with her first book The Very Fat Cat (trademark pending). These days Ashlyn spends most her time watching Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares and adding to her ever-growing indoor plant collection.