This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Name: Shiv Monteiro

Major: Business

Year: Freshman

Relationship Status: Single

Hometown: San Diego, CA

Height: 6’ 2”

Spirit Animal: Gazelle

Her Campus: How would you describe yourself in three words?

Shiv Monteiro: Carefree, outgoing and optimistic.

HC: What’s something you want to do before you graduate from Cal Poly?

SM: I definitely want to study abroad at some point in New Zealand.

HC: What are some of your hobbies?

SM: I love to surf, play beach volleyball and play basketball.

HC: What is the first thing you look for in a girl?

SM: Her eyes and smile.

HC: Describe your perfect date. 

SM: Okay. In San Diego, there’s this sandwich place called Board & Brew. I would take her there, then swing by the beach. We could walk along the beach, and then maybe end the night by stargazing on the beachside.

HC: Who is your biggest inspiration?

SM: My little brother because he’s just a really nice person, and he’s way more driven and knows what he wants to do.

HC: What is your biggest pet peeve?

SM: When people say “lol” or “af” or any of those acronyms out loud in a conversation.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

SM: Alana Blanchard.

HC: What’s something most people don’t know about you?

SM: I’m a little bit Portuguese.

HC: What is your dream life?

SM: I want to live right on the coast. Doesn’t matter where. Anywhere in the world, on the coast, with my family. I want to be ten to fifteen minutes away from the beach, with a kid and a wife. I just really want to live close to the beach so that my kid has the opportunity to do all the things that I wish I had done earlier in my life, like going surfing, playing basketball and exploring.

HC: What something you miss about home?

SM: Crepes. My little brother makes me crepes every time I go home. Every morning with nutella and mixed berries.

HC: Fun fact?

SM: I know how to play the piano and the saxophone.

Hi everyone! I'm Arinee Rahman, a second year Journalism major at Cal Poly SLO. I love cats, and I love potato. I love potato so much that my cat's name is Potato.
Sophia Liu

Cal Poly '19

Sophia Liu is a second-year architecture major and media arts minor at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. She grew up in a little town in Los Angeles County. A wild dreamer, she loves photography, fashion, and big cities.