Rain or Shine: A Playlist for In-Between Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

As the first few weeks of Winter quarter have proven, the weather in SLO can be rather fickle. With pouring rain one day and a sunny, bright sky the next, it can be tricky picking out a week’s worth of outfits without experiencing a twinge of fashionable frustration. Even more so, finding the right music for those in-between treks to class that’s upbeat enough for the sunshine, but laid-back enough for the rain is near impossible (without proper patience and an evening dedicated to meticulously raking through Spotify).

Luckily for you, we’ve already done the work! Featuring a full list of feminine-powered melodies, these tunes will get you pumped yet keep you cool, calm and mellow—all while enjoying that totally awesome double rainbow nearly every Mustang has seen by now. So load it up, pop those earphones in, and stay dry out there!

Here’s a link to the playlist if you like to use Spotify!

1. “NYC Baby” – Karen O

2. “Folly” – Eskimeaux

3. “You’re Not” – Wet Wings

4. “San Cristobal” – Mal Blum

5. “Love Probe” – Yes Please

6. “Lights Out” – Angel Olsen

7. “Air” – Waxahatchee

8. “Our Love” – Sharon Van Etten

9. “Strange Mercy” – St. Vincent

10. “Girls” – Widowspeak

Zoe Magno

Cal Poly

Zoe Magno is a second year English major studying at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. She loves cats, vegan ice cream, and reveling in the absurdity of life. Joining Her Campus has not only given her an opportunity to find solace as a shy-yet-wordy writer, but a school year full of the loveliest memories. You can discover an even more creative side of Zoe on Instagram at @zomag. 
Dakota Greenwich is a Cal Poly 3rd year English Major, studying for her undergraduate and minors in linguistics and graphic communications. This is her 2nd year writing for Her Campus and in her spare time, she works at the Kennedy Library, studies, and blogs. She loves to discuss and research current social issues including women's rights and political issues. If you don't see her working at my campus library or studying, you can find her at her favorite coffee shop, Scout Coffee, reading a thriller novel.