Poly Places: The Sock Drawer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

The Sock Drawer is a littlehole in the wall sock store in downtown San Luis Obispo. I know if you’re not already a sock addicted person, a store that only sells socks may seem like an odd concept. However, once you step foot inside this quaint shop any doubt will surely disappear. I mean life is way too short to wear boring socks, and here you’ll have no issue finding something that is basically you, just in sock form. I hate to give away all the fun things you can find inside, but some hints won’t hurt…avocados, pancakes, pugs, succulents, Van Gogh’s Starry Night and Sunflowers, unicorn vs. narwhal, dinosaurs and unicorns being abducted by aliens! Those are just for starters, too. You’ll have to check it out on your own to see all that’s in store.

And hey, FINALLY! San Luis is actually getting below 80 degrees. I would have thought fall had never come, but the season has been saved. Whether chilly days make you daydream of lattes and tea by a fire, or dread of going outside in fear of losing feeling in your toes, The Sock Drawer has you covered. That’s right, warm, winter boot and fuzzy socks. Did I just say fuzzy socks? You better believe it, making handling those cold days that much easier and that much more enjoyable. Also, who couldn’t use a super cute pair of boot socks? My guess, probably no one, since boot socks make just about any outfit that much better.

So, next time you’re downtown, check out this adorable place right across the street from Chipotle, or if you’re thinking of buying some for family and friends back at home check out their website sockdrawer.com to have them ship it for you! Lastly, and I’m just throwing this out there, did someone say super creative and fun White Elephant gifts? Just putting it out there.

Second year Child Development major and Psychology minor. I love photography, reading, lifting, tattoos, and will forever be an X-Files nerd.
Gina was formerly the Beauty & Culture Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw content and strategy for the site's key verticals. She was also the person behind @HerCampusBeauty, and all those other glowy selfies you faved. She got her start in digital media as a Campus Correspondent at HC Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where she graduated in 2017 with degrees in English and Theater. Now, Gina is an LA-based writer and editor, and you can regularly find her wearing a face mask in bed and scrolling through TikTok.