Poly Places: Serenity Trampoline Hike

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Golden grass for the golden state? More like green grass!

With the generous amount of rain the Central Coast has received this winter, Cal Poly students can answer to the hills, that are alive– with the sound of music.

One of Cal Poly’s gems and student favorites is the Serenity Swing hike.

The route begins just as Village Drive begins to go downhill on the road, Poly Canyon. The first 1-1.5 miles is a dirt path that will take you past beautiful Eucalyptus trees and sage bushes. At the end of the trail, architecture graveyard meets the dirt road. From that point, choose the road leading towards the two houses to begin the hike to Serenity swing. 

A Her Campus insider tip for those who haven’t heard: this winter, a trampoline has been set up on the hill just below Serenity Swing.

So, grab your hiking boots and get ready to start your day on a high note with a gorgeous green hike to the trampoline!

P.S. Don’t forget to instagram the moment. Happy hiking!

Megan Schellong is a Journalism junior at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Megan loves puns, NPR, photography and running (occassionally). When she's not writing, Megan enjoys finding new music on Spotify and reading through as much of the news in her Twitter feed as possible. This year will be Megan's second year with Her Campus and she is excited for what's to come!
Gina was formerly the Beauty & Culture Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw content and strategy for the site's key verticals. She was also the person behind @HerCampusBeauty, and all those other glowy selfies you faved. She got her start in digital media as a Campus Correspondent at HC Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where she graduated in 2017 with degrees in English and Theater. Now, Gina is an LA-based writer and editor, and you can regularly find her wearing a face mask in bed and scrolling through TikTok.