Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Cal Poly Features

How to Keep Your Eyebrow Game Strong

By Arinee Rahman
September 8, 2014 - 1:40pm

Ever realize you always feel better after getting your eyebrows done? Eyebrows are a way of life. If your eyebrows are on point, your life is on point. That’s because the way your eyebrow looks can change the appearance of your whole face. The shape of your eyebrow is everything. (And no, we're not exaggerating.) Here are some ways to keep your eyebrow game strong: Choose how you want to do your eyebrows. READ MORE

A Thank You Letter to Robin Williams

By Hannah Joslin
August 13, 2014 - 3:30pm

Our generation has not had much of a chance to grow up with our admired actors quite yet. There are only a few that we can say have been part of our lives since the beginning. For me, this small group includes Tom Hanks (thanks for being Woody, Castaway Chuck Noland, Forrest Gump and Walt Disney) and Robin Williams.           To our admired Mr. Williams, READ MORE

5 Things NOT to Bring to College

By Davis Neary
August 5, 2014 - 8:56am

So you have officially graduated from high school and are getting ready to start your college career. First off, congrats! High school is a huge hurdle everyone must jump to get to adulthood. And you survived it.  Now before you get ready to start your college chapter of your life, we would like to bestow some little gems of our college wisdom to you and tell you the five things you definitely shouldn't  pack for college. 1) Your Cool Card READ MORE

5 Things NOT to Bring to College

By Davis Neary
August 5, 2014 - 8:55am

6 Freshman Year Essentials You Didn't Know You Needed

By Nikki Kong
July 26, 2014 - 7:39pm

I like to think that there are two types of girls in this world: those who are packed and ready to go weeks before move-in, and those who keep telling themselves they only need three boxes and two days to get everything done. I won’t bore you with the details of which type of girl I am (*cough* the second one) but let’s just say I was missing more than a few things when I moved into the dorms freshmen year. So you can avoid (at least some of) the same mistakes as me, here’s a list of six things you’ll definitely need this year. READ MORE

Rabbits, the College Girl's Best Friend: 5 Reasons Why You Should Own a Rabbit

By Davis Neary
July 7, 2014 - 9:25am

Puppies, kittens and rabbits, oh my! As a single college student, the best way to end a long, homework-filled, over-socialized day is to cuddle with my four-year old mini Rex rabbit, Tennant. See, the nice thing about having Tennant is that he listens to my rants and watches TV with me without objection as I comment on the show. People with pets live longer, happier lives. So why not add a furry friend to your life, especially a rabbit? There are five reasons why you should own a rabbit: READ MORE

The 23 Things On Our SLO Summer Bucket List

By Kayla Steinorth
June 24, 2014 - 6:42am

Summer is here! That means sun-kissed skin, beach time and maybe a job or school. For those of you living in SLO this summer, you might be wondering, "What am I going to do with my free time???" Check out our SLO summer bucket list for ideas! 1. Take a class at the craft center 2. Hike Bishops and Madonna 3. Do the Tri-Tip Tri-Top challenge 4. Get an acai bowl from Sally Loos (YUM) READ MORE

17 things a Cal Poly first-year thinks

By Hannah Joslin
June 18, 2014 - 3:01pm

1. I haven't said the Pledge of Allegiance in, like, a year. 2. I can't believe I have a 7 a.m. class right now. Is the world even awake? 3. Look, a turkey! Wait ... five turkeys! READ MORE

The Ten Things You Do That Drive Baristas Crazy

By Melissa Fernald
June 13, 2014 - 6:19pm

As a person who has worked on and off in the coffee business for the past four years, I often joke that I will be making coffee for the rest of my life. While working at a coffee shop does have its perks (free coffee, for starters) there are definitely some downsides. Most of these problems arise from dealing with customers.  I have compiled a list of guidelines that every coffee consumer should abide by in order to make you and your barista's days a whole lot brighter. READ MORE

How to Jump-Start Your Career This Summer

By Anuja Argade
June 12, 2014 - 2:00pm

Whether your summer plans consist of exciting road trips with your girls or snuggling in bed watching Shark Tank with a pint of Ben and Jerry’s Coffee Heath Bar Crunch wrapped tightly in your arms, I have some advice for you. No matter where you are or what you’re doing, you can get a head start on your career by polishing up your professional side. Here are some effortless ways to build a solid portfolio that you can whip out whenever you need! READ MORE