Mustang News Special Sections Coordinator Suha Saya

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Year: Sophomore

Major: Journalism, concentration in PR

Favorite Animal: Cat

Status: Single

HC: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

I really really want to go to either Spain or Turkey. I actually haven’t ever been to Europe, so backpacking across Europe with some of my closest friends sounds amazing. 

HC: What is your dream job?

I currently work for Mustang News, and actually have a super creative job. I get to plan and manage all the special sections as well as give my take on design and content. If I could do something that creative for the rest of my life, that’d be ideal. I’m also currently doing marketing for a textbook company. So if I could have a job that combines both that creativity and addresses worldwide issues, like education, I would love my life forever.

HC: Is there anyone you really want to see in concert right now?

I’m mildly obsessed with Taylor Swift’s new album 1989. No shame. She’s an awesome performer and I’d be totally down to see her in concert and jam to some of her tunes.

HC: Whom do you look up to or admire the most?My mom. She’s so strong and loving. Even though she works full time, she always makes time for my sisters and me, which means a lot. She’s also hilarious without even trying and incredibly caring. 

HC: What’s the first thing you look for in a guy?

The moment I meet a guy, I make sure he’s genuine in his words and actions. From there, if he has humor, is caring and can compliment me at the same time, I’ll be swept off my feet.

HC: Describe your perfect date. 

Something simple but really sweet. Maybe dinner and then a walk along the beach under the stars? It’s super cliché, but anything that makes me get butterflies!

HC: Name a movie you can watch over and over again. 

Tangled. I think my family hates me for the amount of times I’ve made them watch it.

HC: Favorite Netflix show?

Gilmore Girls! It’s super recent on Netflix, but I’ve been watching it for years and I’m so happy I can watch it for many more years to come.

HC: What would your ideal pet be?

A Persian cat!

Hi everyone! I'm Arinee Rahman, a second year Journalism major at Cal Poly SLO. I love cats, and I love potato. I love potato so much that my cat's name is Potato.
Aja Frost

Cal Poly

Aja Frost is a college junior living in San Luis Obispo, California. She is equally addicted to good books and froyo, and considers the combo of the two the best since pb & b (peanut butter and banana.) Aja has been published on the Huffington Post, USA Today College, Newsweek, The Daily Muse, xoJane, and Bustle, among other publications. Follow her on Twitter: @ajavuu