Meet Civil Engineer Rebecca Villalobos!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.
Meet Rebecca Villalobos! She’s cute, loves donuts and is an avid beach-goer. What’s not to love?

HC: Name?
Rebecca Villalobos

HC: Year and Major?
Third Year Civil Engineer

HC: Hometown?
Elk Grove, CA. (It’s just south of Sacramento)

HC: What are you involved in on campus?
I’m on the Open House Committee for this year! I actually just got out of my first meeting and I’m so excited to start working on that! I’ve also been a Wow leader for the past two years and absolutely loved it. Definitely plan on going back for a third round.

HC: Favorite Slo Do Co donut?
Can I pick all of them? My go-to is the classic glazed buttermilk. But sometimes they have these Strawberry Jelly twists and they are amazing.

HC: What’s your go-to Netflix show to binge-watch?
Definitely Grey’s Anatomy. I watched all 11 seasons on Netflix last summer and it was probably the best decision I made. Oh, or Kevin Hart’s comedy shows. I think he is the funniest thing. I’ve rewatched his specials more times than I can count!

HC: What’s your favorite part about being a Civil Engineering major?
So when I picked my major, I wasn’t really sure what Civil Engineering was. But I absolutely love it now. I’m getting into more of my major courses now and right now I’m taking a class on concrete. We mixed some concrete and made cylinders. Next week we’re gonna break them to see how strong they are! So that’s fun.

HC: What do you like best about living in SLO?
That’s easy, the beaches! There are no beaches anywhere near Elk Grove, so being close to a lot of different beaches is my favorite thing. I love being able to spontaneously go to the beach for the day!

HC: Ideal first date?
I know it’s kinda cheesy, but I would love to get flowers or like a small gesture that showed he was thinking of me before the date! I think a picnic would be fun, we could make our picnic food together and head to the beach or a park! Oh and of course we’d get ice cream. 

HC: Who’s your celeb crush?
Right now my celeb crush is Jesse Williams. He plays Jackson Avery on Grey’s Anatomy!

HC: Quote you live by?
“I have found that if you love life, life will love you back” – Arthur Rubinstein. So far it seems to be working!

Frances is a third year currently studying Journalism and French at Cal Poly SLO. She hails from the Bay Area where you can usually find her in her local Philz, chugging a caffeinated drink. She is a firm proponent of boybands, rain, Shonda Rhimes shows and the occasional In N' Out run.