Long Hair, Don’t Care: 5 Male Celebrities with Flowing Locks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Just recently, the world seems to have blessed us with a new trend of long-haired men running around. Now I know the long, luscious locks aren’t for everyone… But for some, this is the best single event to ever happen in their lives. If you aren’t a fan, hopefully you’ll reconsider after taking a peek at these blokes who have taken part in the new fad.

1. Matthew Gray Gubler

Once upon a time, I started watching Criminal Minds, and never stopped. Sure, the show’s premise is exactly my cup of tea—crime and suspense—but the real reason I’m addicted to CM is the one and only Matthew Gray Gubler, who plays FBI Agent Dr. Reid. MGG rocks his long locks in a flawless fashion.

2. Harry Styles

In my opinion, Harry is the most immaculate being in the world, so I’ll admit that I’m a little biased. But this past year, Harry has made the transition from the slicked back hair to a glorious chin-length side part. As soon as he gets rid of the tattoos I’ll be ready to seal the deal and propose.

3. Johnny Depp

Here’s a little blast from the past. Johnny Depp first showed us his dashing sense of style and good looks since he played Gilbert in What’s Eating Gilbert Grape. We always knew he had amazing acting talent, but what we overlooked were his hairstyling capabilities. Just look at that windswept perfection of a “do.”

4. Chris Hemsworth

God bless the Hemsworth gene pool, am I right? This smoking Aussie has two very important qualities: a perfect accent and a lengthy trim. I unashamedly went to see Thor in theaters solely to gawk at the perfection that is Chris Hemsworth.

5. Josh Holloway

If you’re a Lost fan, you probably went through an obsession with his character Sawyer as soon as he was shown shirtless on-screen. I’m obsessed with Holloway mostly due to his stunning looks and the way he pulls of that scruffy, “I just returned from chopping wood in the forest” look. With his perfect hairdo and piercing stare, we’re all his. Here’s our message to you, Mr. Holloway: Never change.

Gawd, sometimes just knowing there are so many attractive people in the world makes me weak at the knees. If you happen to meet a long-locked fellow in the future, you can send him my way… I’m not creepy at all.

Frances is a third year currently studying Journalism and French at Cal Poly SLO. She hails from the Bay Area where you can usually find her in her local Philz, chugging a caffeinated drink. She is a firm proponent of boybands, rain, Shonda Rhimes shows and the occasional In N' Out run.
Aja Frost

Cal Poly

Aja Frost is a college junior living in San Luis Obispo, California. She is equally addicted to good books and froyo, and considers the combo of the two the best since pb & b (peanut butter and banana.) Aja has been published on the Huffington Post, USA Today College, Newsweek, The Daily Muse, xoJane, and Bustle, among other publications. Follow her on Twitter: @ajavuu