This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Name: Kyle Hoff

Year: Freshman

Major: Business

Relationship status: Single

Hometown: San Diego, CA

Hobbies: Sports in general, more specifically soccer, music, graphic arts

Her Campus: Who is your celebrity crush?

Kyle Hoff: I do find Jennifer Lawrence very attractive. Or Katherine Heigl. 

HC: What qualities do you look for in a girl?

KH: Trustworthiness is a really big one. Just being fun and spontaneous! That extra connection that you can’t really describe, but you’re on the same page with someone.

HC: What music do you listen too?

KH: I have a very broad spectrum of taste but I am good at adapting to whatever other people like. I like Kendrick Lamar. I am kind of in a hip-hop/rap stage, but I do fall back to a lot of Indie and a lot of Rock. I really like Local Natives, Frank Ocean and Kanye (kind of essential). I just like the content of their music. The reason I like them is that they hit off in a deeper way, a lyrical connection.

HC: Describe your ideal date.

KH: Ideal date is to take the girl somewhere random, like a small restaurant with a nice ambiance and comfortable feel. Just go somewhere very scenic and pretty. It also depends on the girl, what she likes, and it’s not what all she wants to do. I feed off surprising people and making other people happy. 

HC: What’s your favorite food?

KH: Chips in general. My dad influenced me on that. It’s the perfect balance of saltiness and the starchiness.

HC: If you were stranded on an island, what are the three most important things that you think you would need?

KH: I would bring a really close friend, either a guy or a girl. Talking to someone and having them talk back is a nice thing. Music for sure. My mood runs off of music; if I just keep randomly dancing, then that would be nice. Self-powered music would be a good start! Also a good pair of swim trunks; I value comfort. You can never go wrong in a good pair of swim trunks as a guy. It’s the male version of yoga pants.

HC: Where do you see yourself after your graduate?

KH: I see myself kind of going on a limb to do what I want to do. A lot of people follow that straight career path, but I want to try something for a few years. Maybe moving to Los Angeles or San Francisco and trying something like making a business with all my interests really. Those are the people that end up enjoying themselves more. You only have so long to find yourself. Most people end that in college, but the best years of your life continue even after college.

Samantha is a second year journalism student at Cal Poly. On campus, she is a staff writer for the Mustang News, editor for Her Campus Cal Poly, a board member on the American Marketing Association and plays intramural soccer. She loves to write, wear pajamas and re-watch episodes of The Office on Netflix. She aspires to have a career in broadcast journalism or law and hopes to someday travel around the world.
Sophia Liu

Cal Poly '19

Sophia Liu is a second-year architecture major and media arts minor at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. She grew up in a little town in Los Angeles County. A wild dreamer, she loves photography, fashion, and big cities.