Jesse “Danger” Gibson, President of the Real Food Collaborative

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.
You’ll be seeing our latest cutie a lot around campus—he’s the president of the Real Food Collaborative, a club that’s bringing delicious, healthy and fast meals to Cal Poly’s campus! (No Freshman 15 here.) Read on to find out Jesse’s favorite place on campus, his relationship status, and his dream date…

Year: 3rd year
Major: Environmental Management & Protection
Middle name: Erik
Her Campus: What your middle name would be if you’d picked it?
Jesse Gibson: Danger
HC: What’s your life motto?
JG: “A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” – Jackie Robinson.
HC: Where are you from?
JG: Oakland, CA.
HC: What’s your favorite clothing brand?
JG: None in particular; I like thrifting.

HC: What’s your favorite sandwich?
JG: Fred’s Famous Chicken Sandwich in Berkeley, CA.
HC: What’s your favorite spot on Cal Poly’s campus?
JG: The arboretum.
HC: Relationship status?
JG: Single and ready to mingle.
HC: Look out, ladies! Are you involved with on campus?
JG: I’m the President of the Real Food Collaborative and a TA for Sustain SLO.

HC: Tell us about the Real Food Collaborative and its goals.
JG: RFC is a club dedicated to bringing better, ‘realer’ food to Cal Poly’s campus, educating peers about food systems and cultivate a community of foodies. Right now, our big project is opening the Real Food Cooperative on campus that will serve gourmet grab-and-go meals.
HC: Yum. What should every student order from your booth?
JG: I really like our curry dish, the Yumdog Millionaire.
Editor’s note: That’s a brown rice /quinoa bowl with cauliflower, green peas, lentils and curry!
HC: What’s your most embarrassing moment?
JG: No shame in my game.
HC: What’s your dream date?
JG: Taking my mom out to dinner and picking up the tab.

HC: Awww! What are you going to be for Halloween?
JG: I’m going to be a Sriracha bottle.
HC: What would your “Last Words” be (before you die)?
JG: “No! Not in the face!”

Not to give anyone any ideas, but if you want to get to know Jesse better, you should probably go check out RFC’s booth; plus, you’ll get great food out of it! Sounds like a win-win to us.
Aja Frost

Cal Poly

Aja Frost is a college junior living in San Luis Obispo, California. She is equally addicted to good books and froyo, and considers the combo of the two the best since pb & b (peanut butter and banana.) Aja has been published on the Huffington Post, USA Today College, Newsweek, The Daily Muse, xoJane, and Bustle, among other publications. Follow her on Twitter: @ajavuu