HCCP’s Secrets for Surviving Till Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Photo Credit: Nesrine Majzoub

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the short shorts are out—which means it must be spring at Cal Poly! (Actually, that kind of sounds like our fall, winter, and summer too… #sorrynotsorry.) Like everyone else on campus, we’ve been counting down the days till spring break. All we have to do is survive Dead Week and Finals Week. Did we say all? Here’s what’s keeping us going till we take our last exam and can jet off into the sunset.

Because when the going gets tough, the tough gets goodies.

Even the best of us get hangry…

… which is why we carry around emergency Luna Bars. If you haven’t tried the Chocolate Coconut, you haven’t lived.

Unfortunately, we can’t pull that I’m-wearing-jeans-so-I-don’t-need-to-shave trick anymore. These completely bare wax kits? Total lifesavers.

PSA: You can only get away with dry shampoo for so long. (Can you tell our hygiene takes a dip during finals?) This Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Purifying Shampoo not only smells glorious, but makes our hair look so good we’re inspired to take it down from the bun and Lulu headband thing we’ve been rockin’.

No, we’re not studying…

We’re reading Dirty Rush by Taylor Bell and The Intern’s Handbook by Shane Kuhn. Can you imagine laughing this hard at your chem textbook?

Thanks to our new koozies, pens, and sunglasses, we can take our HC love from the classroom to the beach.

Or the grass, when we’re dreaming about being at the beach.

We LOVE our Sabre pepper gels! Personal safety is sexy.

Thank you, Her Campus Nationals, and our amazing sponsors! Our As and sanity are dedicated to you.

Aja Frost

Cal Poly

Aja Frost is a college junior living in San Luis Obispo, California. She is equally addicted to good books and froyo, and considers the combo of the two the best since pb & b (peanut butter and banana.) Aja has been published on the Huffington Post, USA Today College, Newsweek, The Daily Muse, xoJane, and Bustle, among other publications. Follow her on Twitter: @ajavuu
Nesrine suffers from a severe addiction to cereal and gets really jazzed about words, visuals, metaphors, and music. She's in her second year studying Sociology, Religous Studies, and Media Arts and Technology at the good, old Cal Poly SLO. If you stumble upon her in her natural habit, chances are she will either be cracking SpongeBob jokes, obsessing over mountains in Iceland, or mentally arguing with herself on whether or not this bio is sufficient.