Find Your Summer Internship with the ‘Tinder for Jobs’

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Yes, you read that right. Swiping left and right isn’t just for dating anymore — it’s also for jobs and internships. The app Dapsity works the same way as Tinder; you swipe right to save jobs and left to delete ones you don’t want. And you could swipe for days (literally), as there are more than 1 million jobs in more than 50 countries.

Just how does it work? Connect with LinkedIn and Facebook, because it really is about who you know. You can search for relevant jobs, and then start swiping!

Jarrod Swanson — a Cal Poly alum — came up with the idea for Dapsity with his brother, Ryan. He was tired of his previous job in tech sales, and while searching for a job, he found that all the job-searching apps were cluttered and unhelpful.

Jarrod and Ryan always wanted to start their own business, but their ideas hadn’t panned out. This one, though, had promise.

After finding support for Dapsity, the Swanson brothers hired an engineer team to build the app and quickly made their way into the app store.

Here are a few pointers:

• It takes less than a minute to sign up for Dapsity
  • It’s geared toward people 18-25 years old, meaning there are plenty of internship opportunities
  • The app is free, so you have nothing to lose.

And, in case you’re wondering, the name Dapsity comes from the word “daps,” which means the knocking of fists as a greeting. So basically, they’re giving fist-bumps to job-seekers all around the globe. 

Kayla Missman is a sophomore studying journalism at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Beyond serving as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Cal Poly, she works at Mustang News, the college newspaper, as a reporter and copy editor. Follow her on Twitter @kaymissman.