Downtown SLO Traditions for Every Night of the Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

One of the best parts of living in a college town is all of the deals aimed at starving students. Whether you’re trying to achieve the “perfect week”, or just looking for some new mid-week fun, here are our favorite daily traditions:

Sunday: Bottomless Mimosas

Nothing says Sunday brunch like mimosas! Much like these mimosas themselves, your location options for Sunday brunch are pretty much endless. Settle into your favorite spot, and sip (or chug) to your heart’s content while catching up with friends.

Monday: Trivia Night

Head to Buffalo Pub and compete for free drinks and Firestone swag! With hilarious hosts and timely categories, trivia night is the perfect cure for the Monday blues. Check out their Facebook page ahead of time for the chance to win bonus points.

Tuesday: Tacos and Pint Night

You had us at tacos. Grab your crew and head to your favorite spot for this crowd favorite. Our suggestion is Marston’s (can you say tater tot taco?). After you’ve had your fill of tacos, it’s time for Pint Night! B.Y.O.Pint Glass for $1, $2 and $3 beers.

Wednesday: Wing Wednesday!

Bring your appetite for this mid-week staple! Start with 6 wings for $3.99, or go big with 24 wings for $14. With a variety of options, there’s sure to be something for everyone.

Thursday: Two-for-ones!

If you’re in the mood for fun on a budget, Thursday is for you. Take the money you save from not paying covers (with your PolyCard) and use it to double up on your favorite mixed drink. Or go in with a friend! Bonus points: get to Creeky Tiki between 9-10 for two-for-one margaritas!

Friday: Happy Hour at Luna Red

Toast to the end of the week on Luna’s amazing back patio. From 3-6 enjoy their famous sangria under the twinkling lights. It’s the perfect choice for drinks after work.

Saturday: Mr. Rick’s

What list of SLO spots would be complete without our favorite beachside hangout? With a pool table, stage, and patio overlooking the ocean, Mr. Rick’s is a must-do. Order a Pink Mermaid and start daydreaming about the summer.

Enjoy these classic SLO nights, or make some traditions of your own!

Lexi is a fourth year Sociology major and Ethnic Studies minor at Cal Poly SLO. She is a big fan of frequent flier miles, hiking, black tea, and Giants baseball. She is also proud to be a Chapter Advisor for Her Campus.