Cozy Up to the Tea Cozy in Cambria

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Located 40 minutes northwest of SLO is Cambria, the cutest costal town you ever did see. Visiting Cambria is a must for every Cal Poly student. After checking out the annual Christmas market, window shopping around town and exploring the beach, the perfect way to end an afternoon with the girls is to drop by The Tea Cozy. This unique, British-inspired business has atmosphere you will find nowhere else on the Central Coast.

One of my fondest memories with my Cal Poly gal pals was at The Tea Cozy. The girls and I dressed up in our most sophisticated winter outfits and laughed and sipped tea together (pinky up, of course).

The Tea Cozy offers seating outdoors in the posh garden or inside the antique tearoom built in the 1870’s. The menu lists over a hundred different teas! Piping hot tea is served in your own personal pot complete with a patterned tea cozy. There is also a selection of light entrees and appetizers, my favorite being delicate cream cheese finger sandwiches. To complete the British ambience, English magazines and newspapers are available to read as you leisurely dine. Before you leave, check out the gift shop for teas, teacups, sweets, and other British paraphernalia. Though most gift shop and menu items are on the expensive side, visiting The Tea Cozy is an experience that is worth every sixpence.

So whether you are a fanatic Anglophile or are just looking for a fun half-day outing with friends, The Tea Cozy is the place to be!

Sam Snow

Cal Poly

Sam Snow is a biomedical engineering 4th-year who enjoys movies, music, dancing, and making people laugh. She's passionate health, especially mental health, and her friends and family. 
Aja Frost

Cal Poly

Aja Frost is a college junior living in San Luis Obispo, California. She is equally addicted to good books and froyo, and considers the combo of the two the best since pb & b (peanut butter and banana.) Aja has been published on the Huffington Post, USA Today College, Newsweek, The Daily Muse, xoJane, and Bustle, among other publications. Follow her on Twitter: @ajavuu