Clubs of Cal Poly: Cal Poly Triathlon Team

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

The Triathlon Club has more members than any other club sport at Cal Poly (over 130), and is the perfect place for anyone interested in running, swimming or biking to meet a group like-minded, fun and super friendly people! All training sessions are optional, with the opportunity to go to up 1-2 a day, to a couple of times a week, making it the perfect sport to fit around your schedule.

Members have the chance to travel to races across California, and join in with a huge range of social events organized throughout the year. They cater to all abilities, from complete beginners in all sports, to those with extensive triathlon experience, and each workout is structured and coached with the aim of helping members improve, whether they want to race competitively or just work out for fun.

They meet every Thursday at 11am in Science North (53-215) and you can find out more about how to join at www.calpolytriathlon.com

Lucy is a third year political science major studying abroad at Cal Poly from London, England. In her free time she goes biking and running with the Cal Poly Triathlon Team, and enjoys out with friends, travelling and marathoning The Good Wife and New Girl on Netflix (Jess Day is her spririt animal). 
Gina was formerly the Beauty & Culture Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw content and strategy for the site's key verticals. She was also the person behind @HerCampusBeauty, and all those other glowy selfies you faved. She got her start in digital media as a Campus Correspondent at HC Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where she graduated in 2017 with degrees in English and Theater. Now, Gina is an LA-based writer and editor, and you can regularly find her wearing a face mask in bed and scrolling through TikTok.