Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Cal Poly Celebrities

Campus Celebrities: Ridge Shipley & Chris Eversley

By Allison Royal
April 7, 2014 - 3:24am

SLOsports.net March is always a crazy time. I’m not just talking about the hectic atmosphere of finals and St. Patrick’s Day... no, I’m talking about March Madness. Every year, millions of Americans obsess over which teams will rise to the top in the legendary tournament, and this year Cal Poly became Big West Champions and made it to March Madness for the first time in its history. It was sure as hell a good year to be a mustang. READ MORE

Natalie Baker and Moonstar

By Samantha Pryor
March 23, 2014 - 2:43am

In July of 2013, Cal Poly welcomed home its newest member of the family: Moonstar, a mustang donated by a Cal Poly supporter. Equine Supervisor Natalie Baker teaches an animal science class about equine management, where students learn about the care of horses. Those enrolled in the course help train Moonstar to become the university’s live mascot. “The more hands-on experience that the horse gets, the better he will be in preparation for his début,” Baker said. The anticipated début is expected to be Fall 2014 according to the Cal Poly Magazine. READ MORE

David Knight: 'The VG's Guy'

By Allison Rojas Kirby, Austin McLaggan
March 12, 2014 - 6:22pm

Name: David Knight Major: Anthropology and geography Year: 3rd Hometown: Watsonville, California Relationship Status: Single Celebrity Crush: Natalie Portman Spirit Animal: Mustang Fun fact: I look like Quagmire. (And his coworkers from VG’s call him that sometimes!) READ MORE

Sean Kinsella: He's Done It All!

By Nicole Moore
March 6, 2014 - 1:23pm

Name: Sean Kinsella Hometown: Rocklin, CA Year: Junior Major: Business Administration - Financial Management Minor: Statistics Her Campus: What are you involved with on campus? READ MORE

Joella Oddi: Zumba Instructor

By Allison Rojas Kirby, Austin McLaggan
February 26, 2014 - 8:29pm

Name: Joella Oddi Major: Nutrition, with a minor in Psychology Year: Junior Hometown: Temecula, California Relationship status: Single Celebrity crush: Ryan Reynolds Spirit animal: A fat, wrinkly puppy Fun fact about yourself: I can clap with one hand READ MORE

Michael Lozada - Like Mike

By Brittany Graham
February 16, 2014 - 5:23pm

Michael Lozada keeps busy studying in computer engineering at Cal Poly, but there's something that many don't know about him: He also goes by Like Mike. READ MORE

Ashley Cipponeri: Aspiring Wellness Guru

By Lauren Piraro
January 29, 2014 - 9:04pm

For many college students, school consists of showing up to class and putting in enough effort to just barely scrape by. Ashley Cipponeri, however, is not one of those people. As a full-time student at Cal Poly and a recent graduate of the California Holistic Institute in San Luis Obispo, Ashley has taken complete advantage of her time at Cal Poly to manifest her dreams into reality. Somewhere between balancing her newest job at People's Chiropractic & Massage and keeping up with her nutrition classes, Ashley still somehow finds time in her busy schedule to explore nature as a Poly Escapes trip leader and on thrill-seeking adventures of her own. Her Campus sat down with Ashley to hear all about her inspiring life and ambitious career goals....

Nelson Lin: Social Media Celebrity

By Ariana B.
January 23, 2014 - 2:20am

“Cal Poly SLO Confessions” is one of Cal Poly’s newest controversial crazes. The Facebook page connects to a site in which students may anonymously post, well, anything. Confessions range from deep and depressing, to light-hearted and downright hilarious. The page currently has 8,377 likes, but one person in particular has risen to great popularity: Nelson Lin. Her Campus conducted an interview with Lin to hear his take on the Confessions page. READ MORE

Jessie Klemme - Society of Women Engineers President

By Samantha Pryor
January 14, 2014 - 7:57pm

Have you ever looked at a robot and wondered how it was assembled? How each miniscule part was put together or how it functioned as a whole? For Society of Women Engineers President, Jessie Klemme, robotics is second nature. Her love for robotics and engineering stemmed from a young age and continued through her college career. Her mom was involved in SWE during her time at Purdue and Jessie eagerly started her involvement at Cal Poly as soon as she could. Before college, Jessie was on a robotics team where their main focus was to present the importance of engineering. When she entered her first year in college, she knew her involvement in SWE would be well worth the while. READ...

Leah and Lilly: Improv Stars

By Cal Poly Contributor
April 10, 2013 - 2:00pm

Having a bad day and looking for some cheering up? Or maybe you want to spice up your weekends during this spring quarter? Whether you’re a fan of theatre or not, everyone can enjoy a performance put on by Cal Poly’s very own improv group, Smile And Nod. READ MORE