Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Cal Poly Celebrities

Campus Celebrity: Tasneem Elghandour

By Anuja Argade
October 24, 2014 - 12:37pm

Bright eyed and fully caffeinated, this week’s campus celebrity is always ready to check out that last-minute course reserve you need in order to cram before that 2:10 midterm. Yes ma’am, she's that girl. You can count on her to answer all of your burning library questions, no matter how juicy. Or if you want to feel warm and fuzzy inside, she can make it happen. Name: Tasneem Elghandour Major and year: Philosophy (minor in Political Science), 4th year What does your name mean? READ MORE

You've been a dancer since WHEN!? Meet Campus Celeb Natalie Higgins

By Hannah Joslin
October 18, 2014 - 11:00pm

Meet Natalie Higgins, a quirky second-year psychology major and dance minor from Whittier, CA who’s been dancing since the age of three. Her Campus: What is your favorite thing about Cal Poly/ SLO? You mean despite its amazing weather? My favorite thing here would have to be the possibilities. They're endless! I can go for an amazing hike practically anywhere, bike downtown afterward, and then finish up with a sunset walk on the beach! Also, Cal Poly has so much to offer in the way of volunteering, adventures and craft projects (I made s surfboard last year!) READ MORE

CC Hannah Joslin, '17

By Aja Frost
October 10, 2014 - 9:54pm

Meet one of the two CCs of Her Campus Cal Poly... sophomore journalism major Hannah Joslin! She joined Her Campus halfway through freshman year for reasons most people will understand: to meet people and get involved.  "At first, it was just a way to meet more people in my major and people who liked to write," Hannah says. "Then, I realized that I do like this kind of writing—magazine writing—because up until then I’d really only done fiction and news pieces." READ MORE

The Queen of Burritos (& Planners): Paulina Luckiewicz '16

By Aja Frost
October 3, 2014 - 9:11am

1. Major and Year: 3rd-Year Graphic Communication 3. Crazy-cool (or just crazy?) talent: My thumbs make a 90 degree formation when I bend them back… It’s more uncommon than you think! 4. Worst meal you ever had on Cal Poly's campus: I tried Chopstix at VG’s and hated it. The rice was hard as rock. Bleh! 5. Best meal you ever had on Cal Poly's campus: VG’s burritos... No shame (I still like them…) READ MORE

The Man Behind the App: Shea Brucker

By Aja Frost
September 26, 2014 - 12:45pm

Shea Brucker is fun, quick to laugh, easy-going and believes in doing his dishes. Who wouldn’t want him as a roommate? Shea, right, with a friend at the beach In spring 2013, Shea graduated from Cal Poly with a degree in business and administration. He’s now running HomeSlice, an app that lets people living together track whose turn it is to buy groceries, pay the bills and do chores. READ MORE

Joi Sullivan - ASI President

By Brittany Graham
May 24, 2014 - 9:04pm

I had the opportunity to meet and chat with our new ASI President and find out what a few of her favorite things are!     Name: Joi Sullivan   Major: Political Science   Year: 3rd and soon to be graduating!   Hometown: Riverside, California   Relationship status: Single   READ MORE

Chris Apple - Engineers Without Borders President

By Diana Hernandez
May 16, 2014 - 4:08am

Chris Apple, a native of nearby Templeton, CA, is a second year environmental engineer as well as the upcoming 2014-2015 president of Engineers Without Borders at Cal Poly. Along with his commitment to EWB, Chris is also the leading coordinator of IMPACT, a branch project of EWB. Throughout the span of two weekends, May 2 to 4 and May 9 to 11, IMPACT hopes to recruit 1,000 volunteers to commit 4,000 hours of community service in the San Luis Obispo County. READ MORE

Malik Shahbal

By Heather Fissel
May 8, 2014 - 1:04am

Malik Shahbal is currently a computer science senior. But when he's not programming or dealing with codes, Shahbal is simultaneously building his career as a rapper. Her Campus: How is your music career going? Malik Shahbal: Pretty well! I have been doing a lot of shows down at SLO Brew and I have two coming up. I still find a lot of free time to write! HC: How are you handling both school and your music career? MS: I am handling it pretty well! I have been writing music for 10 years, but I didn’t start to get serious about it until 3 years ago when I was disappointed about being stuck in a major I didn’t enjoy all of the time. READ MORE

Tessa Goodwin

By Austin McLaggan
April 19, 2014 - 2:09pm

Name: Tessa Goodwin
Major: Biology (Marine)
Year: Senior
Hometown: Auburn, Wash.
Relationship status: Single
Celebrity crush: John Krasinski
Spirit Animal: Bottlenose Dolphin
Fun fact: I’m an avid rollerblader READ MORE

Campus Celebrities: Ridge Shipley & Chris Eversley

By Allison Royal
April 7, 2014 - 3:24am

SLOsports.net March is always a crazy time. I’m not just talking about the hectic atmosphere of finals and St. Patrick’s Day... no, I’m talking about March Madness. Every year, millions of Americans obsess over which teams will rise to the top in the legendary tournament, and this year Cal Poly became Big West Champions and made it to March Madness for the first time in its history. It was sure as hell a good year to be a mustang. READ MORE