This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

As 7 p.m. eastern time and 4 p.m. Cal Poly time rolled around, my computer was readily opened to Instagram, Twitter and a New York Times Live feed in preparation for a flood of gorgeous dresses and dapper men. The occasion? Vogue’s annual Met Ball! This year, the highly exclusive and anticipated event honored 1920’s couturier Charles James. As the steady stream of gorgeous and jaw dropping dresses began to fill up my multiple feeds, I couldn’t contain my giddiness. Massive ball gowns, sexy deep v-necks and gorgeous pant ensembles flooded my social media pages. There was so much amazing fashion coming at me that I could barely stand it (it was a good thing I was sitting down)! After going through the slideshows multiple times, just to simply soak up all the incredible outfits that the Ball-goers donned this year, I have come back to a few people more than once as being the best dressed of the event.

Emmy Rossum in Carolina Herrera

Nicole Richie in Donna Karen

Giovanna Battaglia in Dolce and Gabbana

Emma stone with Andrew Garfield in Thakoon

Suki Waterhouse in Burberry

Beyonce and Jay-Z in Givenchy

Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds in Gucci

Cara Delevigne, Rihanna, Stell McCartney, Reese Witherspoon, and Kate Bosworth all in Stella McCartney

Leighton Meester in Pucci

Katie Holmes in Marchesa

Taylor Swift in Oscar De La Renta

Karolina Kurkova in Marchesa

Tabitha Simmons in Dolce and Gabbana

Hailee Steinfeld in Prabal Gurung

Sarah Jessica Parker in Oscar De La Renta

I am a first year Cal Poly student who is obsessed with fashion! It's what I daydream about and consume in massive amounts of in any way possible! I also love being a leader for Younglife in the San Luis Obispo area!
Sophia Liu

Cal Poly '19

Sophia Liu is a second-year architecture major and media arts minor at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. She grew up in a little town in Los Angeles County. A wild dreamer, she loves photography, fashion, and big cities.