This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Name: Aaron Kazuo Lek

Age: 22

Year: Junior (transfer)

Astrological Sign: Cancer

Major: Biology (Concentrating in cellular and molecular)

Hometown: Pleasanton, CA

Relationship status: Single

Her Campus: How are you involved on the Cal Poly Campus?

Aaron Lek: I play intramural soccer for Cal Poly once a week as my love for soccer has grown since I was a child. When I was in high school I played for the Foothill falcons and believed that I could be a valid member of the soccer team at Cal Poly. I also attend the gym regularly to take care of physical appearance and bodily health.

HC: As a transfer what have you found to be your favorite past time here?

AL: My favorite past time here at Cal Poly is playing basketball in the new Recreational Center on campus. I enjoy playing there because of the friendly competitive environment that is displayed between all students that go there. I also go to play at the Rec Center to continue conditioning my physical health.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

AL: Jessica Biel

HC:What are your favorite hobbies?

AL: My hobbies include playing golf, snowboarding, poker, soccer and basketball. Out of all those recreational activities I have to say that I enjoy golfing the most. I mostly golf at the Sunol Golf Club when I’m home on vacation and have some free time to spare.

HC: What is something you would like to change or work on about yourself?

AL: One thing I would like to work on about myself is that I would like to learn how to cook complex lunch and dinner meals. I do know how to make the standard scrambled eggs but I would honestly like to work on my cooking game.

HC: What is your best quality?

AL: I would have to say my one dimple and my smile.

HC: What is your best pickup line?

AL: Do you have an inhaler? Because you have ass-thma.

HC: What are some qualities that you look for in a girl?

AL:I definitely would have to look for intelligence and confidence because I like when a girl knows that she is capable of being herself around anyone. I think that intelligence is sexy when looking for qualities in a girl because it’s always nice to have intellectual conversations when on a date.

HC: What is your idea of the perfect date?

AL: An Italian checkered blanket on the beach with a bento box while the sun is setting is the ideal date for me.

HC: What do you plan on doing post-graduation?

AL: I concentrated on cellular and molecular studies because I would like to join a company such as Genentech after I graduate from Cal Poly. This company researches and aspires to find methods to aid breast cancer. This is an important topic for me because my grandmother has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. This recent news has inspired me to be apart of the many that are researching alternative methods to aid breast cancer.

Journalism major at Cal Polytechnic San Luis Obispo. Writer, bike ride lover and camera collector. Enthusiastic about new music and obsessed with foreign films.
Sophia Liu

Cal Poly '19

Sophia Liu is a second-year architecture major and media arts minor at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. She grew up in a little town in Los Angeles County. A wild dreamer, she loves photography, fashion, and big cities.