8 Things Everyone Experienced When the Finding Dory Trailer Was Released

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Admit it, we all loved Finding Nemo as a kid. It was one of our favorite movies growing up. We loved the story of a father who loved his son with all his heart; but let’s be honest, Dory was the one who really captured our hearts. She is so adorable and funny! And now we are closer than ever to Finding Dory, the sequel to Finding Nemo! The new trailer for Finding Dory was just released, and here are the eight experiences we all had!

1.    When you woke up this morning, you found a notification that one of your favorite celebrities, Ellen Degeneres, had posted about a new Finding Dory trailer.

2.    You noticed that it was a trending topic on social media, and panicked at the thought that everyone had seen this trailer but you.

3.    You frantically searched for the new trailer. You have to watch it now! You have been waiting for this since 2003!

4.    You found the trailer and feel like a kid on Christmas getting ready to open gifts. You could barely contain your excitement!

5.    As you hit play, your eyes lit up with glee and you were in such awe as you watched it. It’s Dory!

6.    You became so giddy after you watched it! You were so excited!

7.    You are ready to buy your ticket now! Sorry little kids, but we have been waiting for this moment!

8.    Then it sets in that you still have to wait until June. Can it just be June already? Until then, you’ll wait patiently and just keep swimming. And maybe speak a little whale, too.

Emily has also authored political articles for Restless Magazine and numerous inspirational and empowering pieces for Project Wednesday. When she isn't writing, she can be found flying off to her next adventure, attempting new recipes, listening to one of her infinite playlists on Spotify, or cuddling with her dogs. You can follow her on Instagram and Twitter @emilycveith.
Gina was formerly the Beauty & Culture Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw content and strategy for the site's key verticals. She was also the person behind @HerCampusBeauty, and all those other glowy selfies you faved. She got her start in digital media as a Campus Correspondent at HC Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where she graduated in 2017 with degrees in English and Theater. Now, Gina is an LA-based writer and editor, and you can regularly find her wearing a face mask in bed and scrolling through TikTok.