lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Ways to Get His Attention in Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

So, there’s that cute guy in your class, right? You know, the one you can’t help but notice when you walk into class. So, what do you do next to get his attention? Here are some tried and true tips to finally get your class crush to notice you:

Put in some effort

Try to get dressed up look cute for class. This is a great opportunity to show off your good side! Put on your favorite shirt (that one that shows off your best curves) and rock it! Just do whatever makes you feel most confident and work it!

Pick a good seat

Where should you sit? Next to him? In front of him? In the corner so you can just stare at the back of his head? Actually, the correct answer is none of the above. The best place to sit is diagonally in front of him. Why? Not only will he notice you from there, but it’s also the best angle for him to actually see you. So, don’t forget when you walk into class to claim your seat, make sure it’s a good one.

Play with your hair

Twirl, flip, brush, do it all, but don’t overdo it. This age-old trick is a classic. It brings his attention to your gorgeous locks while also getting him to realize how equally gorgeous you are as well. Flip it over your shoulder when you’re looking to the side, then flip it back when you look down to take notes (let’s be real, the note-taking double chin is an honest struggle).

Bite your pencil

Queen Cher said it best in Clueless: whatever you can do to draw attention to your mouth is good. Now you might not want to go as far as ordering yourself chocolates, but you can bite your pen or pencil or even your index finger nail. This may sound weird and awkward, but just trust me, it works. This looks most natural when you are either thinking hard or just zoning out in complete boredom.

Look over to his side of the room

To get him to see your face, gaze towards the side of the room he is on, but not directly at him. Zone out towards the window, look at the posters on the wall, or so just about anything so that makes your face is easier to see. Then, when turning back, slyly glance his way to see if you’ve caught his eye.

Talk to the people around him

If you have any friends in the class, talk to them if you can! If you don’t have any friends in the class, maybe ask the person next to you a question on the topic being taught, or something of that sort. This brings up the chance for him to get involved in conversations, or at least give him the idea that he does want to talk to you.

Be confident and be you

The best thing you can do is just be you, because that’s what you want him to like right? Be confident that you are the hottie in class that he wants to be noticed by. There’s no better way to get someone’s attention than by being unapologetically yourself!