7 Ways to Enjoy Valentine’s Day When Single

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

So it’s Valentine’s Day…and you’re single. What’s the big deal? There are plenty of things to do on February 14 that don’t include having a significant other. These seven activities will make for your best Valentine’s Day to date!

1. Hand out valentines to your friends

Remember back in elementary school when the Target brand Valentine’s Day cards were all the rage? It’s time to bring that back! Make some cards for your friends to show them how much you care and appreciate them.

2. Spend time outside

There’s no better way to feel good about yourself than improving yourself! Go for a hike or a nice nature walk, enjoy some time to yourself and relax.

3. Make a fun dinner for you and your friends

Have a single’s day dinner with your favorite single friends. Dress up nice, cook some food and bond with your besties over your worst stories about your ex.

4. Spend time with your Gal Pals

Have a girl’s day! Go get a manicure or have a nice brunch! Surround yourself with people who remind you of how great life is, even without a significant other.

5. See the New 50 Shades of Grey Movie

Be among the countless other single people who will flock to the theatres to watch the steamy romance movie of the year.

6. Have a Treat Yourself day

Try out a new face mask or bath bomb, binge watch your favorite TV show on Netflix or just simply ake some time for you.

7. Enjoy being single!

There’s nothing wrong with being single! You get to do things that YOU want to do without having to worry about anyone else. Take advantage of this time to figure out who you are and fall in love with yourself.