7 Things Everyone Living in the Red Bricks Has Thought

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Trinity, Santa Lucia, Muir, Sequoia, Fremont and Tenaya. The Super-Six as some may say, (or maybe I just say it, but it should be a thing). If you’re lucky enough to live in one of these buildings, here are  some things you’ve definitely thought about.

1. This one brick wall makes me feel more adult-ish

Yes, the beautiful brick wall. If styled well, it can really pull your dorm room together and give it that apartment-in-a-big-city type of vibe. Although SLO is not exactly New York and your 5-by-5 foot room can barely qualify as an apartment, it’s a good segue into feeling more like an independant adult.

2. Wait… I’m not in this college

Although this doesn’t represent everyone living in the red bricks, this is a shout out to those who were placed with everyone that is not in their  college. Why is a business major in Trinity and not in Tenaya? Who knows really, but you’ll power through it.

3. Where’s the ice machine?

Nothing says refreshing like luke warm water from the drinking fountain. Okay, I know there are ice trays in the mini-fridge, but that takes ACTUAL WORK to get the ice  out. An ice machine is definitely more convenient and easier for the, um, lazier residents in the building.

4. Does my RA hate me?

They’re older, wiser and they can get you in trouble. So does your glorious RA really dislike you? Probably not. Just don’t blare music at 2 a.m. and you should be okay (that’s for the Towers to do anyway).

5. It’s pretty close to the food.

The closest thing on campus to the Red Bricks is the UU, which means food. So the trek to breakfast, lunch or dinner on an empty stomach is slightly more bearable than it would be for the poor folks in Cerro Vista.

6. What if that cute guy is in the floor common area when I’m not wearing make-up?

Okay this has probably most definitely happened. Sharing a floor with guys can lead to many awkward encounters. But, on the bright side, who’s really going to judge you for microwaving mac and cheese at 1 a.m. in your pajamas?

7. ILMS

Last, but certainly not least, let’s take into account the AWESOME people living in the red bricks. Everyone is always friendly and there is never a shortage of new friendships. The red bricks are the best people around.

Above all, the Red Bricks are the most amazing dorms and definitely need the credit for it (even if there is no ice machine).