5 Halloween Costumes Straight From Your Closet

Posted -

Halloween is right around the corner and it’s time to prepare! Costumes are undoubtedly one of the
best parts of Halloween, but buying one can put a serious strain on your college budget. So instead, get
creative and create a great-looking Halloween costume this year, with pieces from your own (or your
roommates’ or housemates’) closets. Here are some ideas to help you

1. The Orbit Girl         

This is an easy, fun costume that anyone can pull together quickly and pull off nicely. For this costume, you’ll need an all-white outfit: a white skirt, shorts, or jeans; your favorite white top; and white shoes.

Grab a thing scarf to wrap around your neck, preferably blue, like the Orbit Girl herself. Carry around a pack of Orbit gum so that if anyone asks who you are for Halloween, just pull out your
pack of Orbit and flash your glistening smile.

2. Honey Boo Boo

Why wouldn’t you want to dress up as this seven-year-old beauty queen for Halloween? It’s the only excuse for you to take on a Southern accent and yell “a dolla makes me holla!” throughout the streets of Hathway.

For this fun costume, make sure your hair is perfectly curled, put on some fake eyelashes, and put on a little – or a lot – more blush and lip gloss than you usually would. If you kept a frilly pink prom dress, this is the perfect time to pull it out of your closet and flaunt it.

If not, no need to worry. Pair a tutu or a frilly or ruffled skirt with a pink top. Feel free to throw around some sparkles to add some beauty pageantry glam to your night. Find your best beauty queen heels and make yourself a beauty queen sash if you’d like.

Get more HC!

Get the best of Her Campus, right in your inbox! Learn more.

About The Author

Leila is a second-year at Cal Poly, majoring in journalism with a concentration in public relations and a minor in graphic communication. She loves writing and is obsessed with fashion, looking to Vogue for fashion inspiration. Along with Her Campus, she represents Cal Poly's College of Liberal Arts (CLA) as a CLA Ambassador while involved in the public relations committe. She is also an active member of the Public Relations Student Society of America. When she's not writing, Leila enjoys spending time updating her blog she created, visiting the beach, and shopping with friends. She loves social media and is addicted to Twitter - @leiladurmaz