samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Free Apps to Help You Slay this Quarter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Spring is upon us and we’ve got the chance to start this quarter off right. Here are some apps to help you do just that!

For General Organization: Wunderlist

This app is perfect for those of us who happen to have a million different to-do list scattered all over our rooms. Wunderlist allows its users to keep track of due dates, keep to-do lists and reminders all in one place. Plus, lists can be shared between users, which is perfect for collaborative efforts.

For Procrastination: SelfControl

It’s easy to procrastinate and get distracted throughout the day, especially when due dates are looming in the distance. This app can be downloaded to your computer and stop you from accessing certain websites during certain scheduled times. It’s perfect for the classes where you spend more time on Instagram than taking notes.

For Finances:  Mint

With classes, extracurricular activities and busy social lives, finances can take a back seat until our jaws drop at the massive bill that we’ve managed to accumulate over the month. Mint allows its users to keep track of where they’re spending their money, set a budget, and link it to their bank accounts.

Related: I Tried Couponing & This Is What Happened 

For Health: My Fitness Pal

Trying to eat healthier and exercise more? My Fitness Pal allows you to keep track of the food that you eat through your day along with your workouts. It also allows you to set goals and keep your end goal in sight!

For Studying: Anki

Quizlet not cutting it for you? Anki isn’t free for your phone, but it is for your computer. Aniki is a flashcard app that makes memorizing different terms and diagrams a breeze. Taking OChem? This app will be your best friend for memorizing all those different reactions.

BONUS: Drunk Mode 

Looking forward to a fun-filled night but want to ensure you make good decisions? Drunk Mode makes texting people you probably shouldn’t impossible. It helps you keep track of your friends and your location, as well as letting them know if you’ve made it home safe.

Now get out there and slay this quarter!

Biomedical Engineering major at Cal Poly. Runs, reads, writes, and can do a little bit of math too!