4 Spring Quarter Resolutions for Everyone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Spring is here! It’s time to go over some universal resolutions every girl should start implementing during this season of re-growth.

1. Get organized

We’re in the home stretch of the school year, and summer is near. These past two long quarters of school might have done some damage to your organizational skills. Spring is a refreshing time of the year and also the perfect time to straighten up your dorm room or organize your apartment. Throw out papers from last quarter’s COMS class and sell some of your textbooks back for pocket money! In addition to feeling good about starting off the last quarter of the year with a clean room and desk, your grades will also thank you!

2. Eat healthier

Spring brings many fresh fruits like more berries and veggies! It has this feeling of being healthy, and eating healthy can help you feel better about yourself. Maybe you’ve been eating more junk food than you would like — start this quarter by swapping out a bag of chips for a serving of fruit to get on the right track to a happier and healthier you.

3. Exercise more

Working out at the gym has many perks, but spring is one of the best seasons to be outdoors. Running, hiking or even walking on the many trails around the Cal Poly area is a great way to get in shape. Winter is often known as the season where we gain the most weight, mostly due to the holidays; Christmas and Thanksgiving in particular are two of the biggest feasting holidays of the year. Now is a great time to start working off the holiday food (if you haven’t done so already).

4. Be more adventurous

During the school year, we tend to get ourselves into a routine. You may take a class you enjoy at the Recreation Center or go to the beach every now and then, but this spring, challenge yourself! Sign up for an intense cardio class or a new club that Cal Poly offers because the more you challenge yourself, the more you can learn about yourself. Spring is the best season to get out of your comfort zone and explore the world around you.

I am a first year Cal Poly journalism student! I am from Truckee, CA and I love to be outside and listen to reggae
Kayla Missman is a sophomore studying journalism at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Beyond serving as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Cal Poly, she works at Mustang News, the college newspaper, as a reporter and copy editor. Follow her on Twitter @kaymissman.