This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Ahhh college. The time of late night texts, random hook-ups and “accidentally” giving out your number and then forgetting who you gave it to. I’ve heard so many friends (and random girls sitting at the table next to mine while I’m studying at Starbucks) talk about their horrible ‘mistakes’ or having long-term ‘dry spells’.

While having sex is a wonderful, beautiful and natural part of life, I have to say there are many things I think I like just as much,if not better (don’t tell my boyfriend).

1. A wine night with your roomies or besties 

We all love a good cuddle-fest with the one you have heart eyes for, but have you ever tried cuddling with your girls? Having a girls night with a nice bottle of Cab (or try hot coco if you’re under 21), a classic movie and a good old fashioned gossip sesh is one of my top favorite things to do.

2. Cuddling with your dog

Don’t have a dog at home? Facetime with your family pet. Still a no-go? Just grab that glass of wine and watch some videos of Huskies being…well…Huskies.

3. A REALLY good workout

The adrenaline is killer. Have you tried the classes at the rec? You’ll leave feeling like a boss.

4. Trader Joe’s Mac and Cheese

Self explanatory.

5. Waking up to your morning class canceled

Finding out you can sleep a little extra in ANY situation? I would take sleep over anything else. Anytime.

6. Getting an A on a test you didn’t study for.

Full night sleep, no studying and still know my ish? Cum on.

7. Taco Bell

I’ve asked and votes are in – the sexiest thing after a night out is that first bite of a Cheesy Gordita Crunch.

8. Binge-watching any show in its entirety

There is NOTHING more satisfying than watching a show from start to finish. Watching one with really attractive actors and tons of romantic monologues? Just a HUGE bonus.

9. Checking your piggy bank and realizing you have more money than you thought

Or finding money in your pockets…

10. Accomplishing any new skill

Nothing can beat my confidence high when I just achieved something I’ve been working for! For me, it doesn’t matter if it’s learning a new song on an instrument, mastering a new skill at the gym or knowing all of the answers to my flash cards, if I achieve it I’ll be on cloud 9 all day and nothing will bring me down.

11. A nice bath

Add a drop of bubble bath, grab one scented candle and mix in a calming Spotify playlist (and if you’re me, again, a glass of wine).

12. Knowing all of the lyrics to a rap you like

I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T, do you know what that means?

13. A good conversation

Let’s be real. Sex is obviously an intimate connection, but not when there is no, like, actual connection. Getting to know someone is such a great human experience that shouldn’t be passed up. Making a new friend, getting closer to an old one or starting a new romance can be filled tons of little moments that will make you waaaaay happier than a one night stand. There’s nothing wrong with casual sex, but sometimes a good conversation and connection can feel just as good.

14. Falling in love…

….And falling in love with yourself! In the wise words of Demi Lovato…