10 Reasons You’ll Always Love Your Hometown Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Everyone is always so excited to go off to college and make a new life away from home, but what about those BFF’s from high school? There’s no denying they’ll always have a special place in your heart, and your friendship will keep thriving even though you’re at different schools living new and exciting lives!

Here are only a few of the many reasons you’ll always love your friends from home!

1.    They are the only reason you actually look forward to going home for breaks (well, besides seeing your family of course!).

2.    You never have to explain who people from your past are or what happened in your life before you moved away, like you do with every new person you meet in college. Let’s face it, it can be exhausting.

3.    They care enough about your new life to remember the names of your new friends in college (even though they’re always a bit jealous it’s not them).

4.    They’re the first ones to send you a screenshot of your ex’s new pic, especially because you already blocked them to live your fab new life without them.

5.    They’ll laugh just as hard as you do when the biggest “player” from HS still texts you.

6.    They understand your love/hate relationship with your hometown more than anyone else.

7.    You will forever be sending Snapchat selfies to one another because how else will you see their lovely face every day?!

8.    They probably have pictures of you from middle school, yet they never post them on social media without your permission. If that’s not love, then I don’t know what is!

9.    They already know all of your embarrassing stories and secrets, so you never have to repeat them again!

10. Even if you don’t talk to each other every day, or don’t see each other as often as you’d like, you’ll still pick up right where you left off!

Now don’t worry collegiettes; even though the distance might be hard, you will be reunited with your BFFs someday and all will be right in the world! 

Taylor Petschl

Cal Poly '18

Taylor Petschl is a Cal Poly SLO alum and is currently attending Boston University for graduate school. She is a former campus correspondent and editorial intern for Her campus! 
Hannah is a sophomore at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, CA. Besides writing, she loves running, Thai food and making ridiculously unaffordable collections on Wanelo. Hannah is obsessed with The Walking Dead, old Disney movies, Ed Sheeran and wasting time on Photoshop. She'd like to point out that she can't sing or dance, but will, because that's when it's the most fun, especially when the songs are from "Les Miserables." Follow her on Twitter @joslin_hannah and Instagram @hannahmichele8