This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Spring break just ended, and now it’s time to plan your next travels during the Summer! Here are some travel hacks to get you started on planning your next journey.

1. Look up plane ticket prices at least a month and a half in advance.

The earlier you book, the cheaper the flight. Especially if you’re going during July or August, you should look up flight prices sooner rather than later. A great site to look up cheap airfare is Studentuniverse. This site looks up tickets from every airline website such as Kayak and Expedia. The results are usually the cheapest flights you can get!

Photo by Porapak Apichodilok from Pexels

2. Pack Light.

I’ll admit it’s hard to not over pack. Make sure you are only bringing things that you will use on the trip. For example, toiletries and clothing. You don’t need to bring your whole closet on your trip (even though it’s tempting). Make sure you’re bringing clothes that you will be comfortable in. Save space for those souvenirs! 

3. For contact wearers on flights longer than three hours, wear glasses!

Airplanes don’t have a lot of humidity up in the air, so wear your glasses for maximum comfort. Your eyes will thank you and you’ll be comfortable sleeping.

Photo by Fancycrave from Pexels

4. Bring a water bottle.

It’s easy to get dehydrated on the plane, so ask the flight attendant if they can fill up your water bottle for you!  

5. If you’re on an overnight flight, sleep during the plane ride.

Sleeping during the plane ride will help you because it lets your body adjust to the timezone a little bit easier.

Photo by picjumbo.com from Pexels

The best tip is to plan early so that you don’t have to stress out about it later. Planning ahead for trips makes it easier to request work off and to schedule different appointments.The best part about traveling is the pictures, so use Snapchat Memories to save everything! Good luck planning and traveling!

Title Photo by Nina Uhlíková from Pexels

Emily Yoshida

Cal Lutheran

Hi I'm Emily and Im a HCCLU Alum!         
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!