alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

We have made it to Week 14!

With only two weeks left and class and a week of finals, motivation is definitely lowering. But you can’t let that slow you down. You need to finish the marathon on a strong note. I definitely struggle with this as well. At the beginning of the semester I was completely motivated to do well in my classes, go to the gym, do my best in my extracurriculars, and take on as many hours as I could with my job and internship. But 14 weeks later, I have definitely burnt myself out. And with summer right around the corner, the motivation I have been having has lowered drastically. 

However, I try to remind myself that if I put 110% into these next three weeks, primarily it’ll result in me being way happier about my grades in my classes, which will ultimately help me in my academic career with grad school as well as my chances obtaining a job after graduating. As a business major, it does get scary that I won’t be going to grad school right after graduation. I’m planning on going into the work force, after graduating and then applying to grad school after I have some experience. This is definitely different than becoming a Doctor or Lawyer. The fear of not obtaining a job, keeps me motivated to do better and better. Of course, obtaining a job is not solely based upon GPA, but it can be helpful.

Also, another motivator is how rewarding it’ll be to do well, when you’re relaxing over the summer. For me, the harder I work, the better relaxing and taking a break feels. When I go on vacation over the summer, it’ll feel like I deserve the time off and getting to relax because I earned it and I worked for it. Rather than not caring and not doing the best I can, I’m going to put my best foot forward and put in effort. Then this summer will feel rewarding and I won’t feel like I have disappointed myself.

**picture taken from www.images.trvl-media.com

Remember to do your best! I’m not saying the only way to do well or feel good is getting straight A’s or being on the Dean’s List. Instead, it is merely doing your best. Studying your hardest, doing all your homework, and putting in the work and effort you know you can. As a tutor, that is what I always tell my students. Never worry about the grade or getting the A, merely put in the work and the grade will come. Usually when you worry about getting the best grade, you will stress yourself out and not get it. Of course, everyone works differently, but I have seen a majority of people stress themselves out and not do the best they can. **picture taken from wikipedia.org

image in the thumbnail was taken from www.moreexcellentme.com

Singing, writing, and photography are what I love to do.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!