nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Get that Summer Internship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

With summer coming just around the corner, many of us collegiettes are beginning to apply for summer internships. However, some of us may just be starting to join the job search. Here is a guide to get you through it all if you’re a little lost on how to start and make your way through the multiple job applications.

First, start your search on the multitude of job posting websites out there such as:

California Lutheran Career Services

Lucky for us, our very own career services center has all the resources needed for successfully finding and getting an interview. Click on the picture above if you’d like to learn more of what they can do for you, or if you’d like to make an appointment. 

Indeed.com

Indeed.com can offer a lot of personalization. For example, in the what box you could put “internship” if you aren’t sure what you are looking for. If you are sure, you can specify more. In the where box you can specify which city you would like to be working. 

Internmatch.com

On internmatch.com you can do essentially the same thing as you can on indeed.com. However, sometimes employers post on different websites, and this is definitley a good one to check. You can also make your own profile on internmatch.com that you can manage and edit with updates to your resume.

Internships.com

Internships.com is another great source for finding internships. It’s now powered by Chegg which is also a useful website for students. If you’re not sure what you want to do yet, internships.com has their own internship predictor, a quick quiz you can take that will suggest possible positions that are well suited for you.

LinkedIn.com

LinkedIn.com is the ultimate source for business networking. If you really want to get yourself out there, collegiettes, you should consider making a profile on LinkedIn.com. If you’re not sure how to set one up just make a trip to the Career Services Center on campus, and they can help you with every aspect. LinkedIn has it’s own job search engine that is easy to use as well. 

Be persistent in your search, and don’t be discouraged if you get a rejection. Keep trying, and make as many connections as you can. Always follow up to your applications. Happy job hunting!

Summer Internship Photo Source: http://www.depaulprssa.com/2014/07/17/what-im-learning-from-my-ketchum-i…

Andrea Whisler

Cal Lutheran

I am currently a Senior at California Lutheran University and my major is Business Administration with an emphasis in Management and my minor is Communications. I have a passion for all writing, sports, puppies, and food.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!