This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Los Angeles is not only the city of stars and vanity, but holds a vast amount of hidden treasures that will make your social media feed look fire. From exquisite restaurants to a wacky travel agency store, Los Angeles as your back drop will have your followers asipiring to be a tourist in their own city just like you.

1.  Yamishiro Hollywood

Yamishiro Hollywood not only has amazing food ranging from Japanese sushi rolls to delicious burgers, but it also aesthetically beautiful. You can choose to dine inside the building where your view will be a large, cute pond with real turtles inside! On the front of this restaurant, is a small pool shown above. This is another area to take amazing pics with the Los Angeles view as your back drop! Who needs to travel to Japan when LA is bringing the culture to you?!

2. House of Intuition 

2237 West Sunset Blvd. Silverlake/Echo Park, CA 90026 

5108 York Blvd. Highland Park, CA 90042

7449 Melrose Ave. West Hollywood, CA 90046Let your inner hippie loose with House of Intuition! This cute spot has three locations you can check out!  All of the stores hold good vibes and unique decorations for your dorm room! They have crystals, candles, and tapestries! Their bohemian exterior is a perfect place for a quick photo op to demonstart the chill person you are…plus their essential oils and “motivational” candles are a necessity for any stressed, busy college student!

3. Time Travel Mart

1714 W Sunset Blvd, Echo Park, 90026

12515 Venice Blvd, Mar Vista, 90066The Time Travel Mart is absolutely wacky, but a must for a person looking for something different in Los Angeles. The gag store is disguised as a travel agency and is a perfect way to prank your friends! This particular convenience store promotes itself as the perfect store for “time travelers” and holds gag gifts as well as items that are a blast from the past. They encourge photos to be taken especially by their Jurassic world they created in their display case.

*All photos provided by myself.

I am a proud Latina sophomore.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!