element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Times Dogs Perfectly Described Long Term Relationships

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

In a long term relationship, besides the unconditional love and all, there are a few things that every couple understands and deals with on a daily basis. For your convenience, I’ve used several dog gifs to exemplify common moments in long term relationships that are more than just puppy love.

1. When bae isn’t paying enough attention to you. (I know when you read my text about what I’m eating for breakfast and you didn’t respond within two minutes. I guess now instead of eating, I’ll just ANGRILY CRY.)

2. When your significant other basically touches you anywhere. (Yes, please keep running your fingers through my hair. No, don’t start tickling me instead.)

3. When you decide you’re going to share food somewhere. (Oh yeah, sorry. I left three fries for you. Thanks for loving me anyways.)

4. When they say they aren’t sure if they’re free later that day. (Um, excuse me? I don’t think I gave you permission not to love me today?)

5. When you’re not done cuddling yet but bae falls completely asleep. (Wake up please. I wasn’t done with the fingers in the hair thing yet.)

6. When they agree with you and provide insight and sincere thoughts on something that’s really important to you. (You’re with me on feminism? No, I’m not crying, I just looked into the sun too long. That’s all.)

7. When they’re about to do something bad and it’s up to you to stop them. (No, you don’t need to try to eat 60 chicken nuggets to beat your friend’s record. I don’t want to have to say this again.)

8. But, at the end of the day, no matter how many chicken nuggets they ate or how many times they forgot to text you back, you still put up with them and love them in a way only puppies can understand. (The human ability to love, am I right? Pretty awesome.)

My name is Samantha Meyer, but most people call me Sam. I'm a freshman at Cal Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks, California. I'm an Interdisciplinary Studies Major, and I hope to teach first grade, become a principal, and write novels. I have a high school background in journalistic writing and photography. You can find me at your nearest Trader Joes or coffee shop, catching up on world news, Cosmo's snap story or just snacking on some quality fruits.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!