This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

California’s version of winter, is no “below-freezing” snow fest, but it doesn’t mean our slight change in weather has no effect on our skin. I have normal to oily skin but as soon as California hits the low 50’s, my skin goes dry like no other. This winter was no different, bringing me to a panic because of the sudden dry spell. Below are my five holy grail products that save my skin all year round.

1. De La Cruz Vitamin E Cream Moisturizer: A little goes a long way with this vitamin E product. This moisturizer absorbs into the skin super quickly and gives a super natural glow. I usually apply this to my face after the shower but will wear it during the day when I don’t wear makeup. Photo Courtesy of: Amazon

2. THE BODY SHOP Almond Milk & Honey Calming & Protecting Body Lotion: This lotion smells like heaven in a bottle and makes my hands feel even better! Photo Courtesy of: Amazon

3. Burt’s Bees  Beeswax Lip Balm: This product is super basic but nonetheless effective. I prefer the original vitamin E and peppermint kind but the brand has tons of flavors to choose from. Photo Courtesy of: Burt’s Bees

4. Yes To Cucumbers Daily Calming Moisturizer: I had never used this brand before this product, but I’m hooked! This moisturizer doesn’t have a strong scent to it and gives the perfect amount of glow. Photo Courtesy of: Yes to

5. Pond’s Cold Cream Cleanser: This cold cream makes makeup removal so easy! It removes all makeup while adding my moisture to the sensitive eye area! Photo Courtesy of: Amazon

Hi my name is Laura Reyes! I'm majoring in Criminal Justice and Psychology at Cal Lutheran.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!