Where to Find Affordable Furniture for The Fall Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

In the last weeks of a school comes the stress of finals, moving out and-oh yeah, figuring out what to do about that place you’re moving into next semester that will be essentially furniture-less. A new store in the Metro Detroit area just made college students lives a lot easier. Furniture Factory Liquidators offers all the necessary furniture you’ll need for that new apartment or house next fall at an affordable cost.

“I’m putting myself through college so saving money in any way I can is pretty much essential,” said employee Brandon Butler, 22. “I’m glad to have found a job here because I wouldn’t have known about it otherwise and probably would have ended up spending way too much money at another store for college furniture.”

Rather than breaking your wallet at an Art Van or scavenging every Salvation Army across the state, you can find mattresses, bed frames, dressers and more at Furniture Factory Liquidators in both Taylor and Livonia. This privately-owned family business that opened in August 2014 has a policy of providing the good stuff cheap, not the cheap stuff.

The store locations are as follows:

Showroom #1: 29055 Plymouth Rd., Livonia, Michigan 48150

Showroom #2: 22263 Eureka Rd., Taylor, Michigan 48180

Showroom#3: 15700 Middlebelt Rd., Livonia, Michigan 48154

Bob Berman, the owner of this store, does business by purchasing excess inventory, closeouts and cancelled orders to sell at a cut-rate price. Customers are offered a 70 percent discount on brand name items and a no-sales-tax guarantee on any purchase of more than $1,000. Next-day-delivery (and set-up) is available within a 20-mile radius, along with a 60-day-layaway for those who need it.

“As long as my customers and I are treated with respect, I will do what it takes to make my customers happy,” Berman said.

The deals this store offer on top of their great rates make them an unbeatable choice for college students, especially those who are paying out of pocket for their furniture. For more details on the store or a list of new arrivals and prices, visit the company’s website at furniturefactoryliquidators.com.  

Check out snapshots of some of the April/May arrivals here:

Gabi is a junior from Chicago, Illinois studying Advertising with minors in Journalism and Spanish. She is an active member of the Phi Sigma Sigma sorority. Gabi is a sports fanatic, as well as a fashion enthusiast. She hopes to work in the fashion industry while living in the Windy City.